Activity based instruction
It is method of learning by doing.
Nature of activity b
• It is one of the teacher centered method of
• Here the experience students are getting.
• Participation of the student is there.
Activity centered instruction is
• Classified into two.
• Student centered instruction.
• Teacher centered instruction
Student centered instruction
• The student is given freedom to choose the
problem and has the freedom to take a
strategies to solve the problem.
• teachers job here is to give guidence.
Teacher centered instruction
• Here teacher is a guide, planner and manager.
• He selects a problem and determine the
activity to be performed by the students.
• Limit the activity according to the time and
• Gives guidance
types of teacher based instructional
• Incident method. Teacher presents a reality
which is happening in real life situvation.
Case study method
• A case related to the real hypothetical
situation is presented through verbal, written
or through electronic devices.
• Here the details of the description is provided.
• Solutions are not from the teacher.
• Students perform a task in an artificial
situation as similar to the real situation.
• It is a working model reality.
Games and simulation games
• Games have the elements of
job, competitiveness cooperation and intense
• Participants are asked to accept different roles
in a learning situation to act.
• A group of students may are asked to rank the
solutions to a problem according to the