Be the first to like this
1. First NV T3-based tablet.
2. The PCB design is a little like Apple iPad 2, main chips are mounted on the same side.
3. As the information NV released, T3 does not support PoP package which needs to put memory on the PCB.
4. The panel is from Hanstar, super IPS.
5. There are two suppliers for the main storage, eMMC, which is Hynix and Kingston.
6. For LVDS transmitter, from the teardown, there are two suppliers.
a. One is from TI
b. And the other one is the chip with “TH133B” chip marking which might be THine, a JP vendor.
7. The GPS function should be disabled after end users complained….signal reception is not good ….
8. There are two embedded controllers in the system. One is inside main system and the other one is inside docking.
9. There is one image processor for front camera which is from Fujitsu. In MWC 2012, ASUS announced that ASUS PadPhone uses Fujitsu image processor.
Same chip can be found inside SAMSUNG Galaxy S II and SAMSUNG Galaxy Note.