i.e: educational, time saving … this is usually the case for most pieces of content: image, text, video, graphs … even if you don’t, let the owner know that you are using his content if so, submit a request once you have received the 3rd party approval – email suffice this is particularly true for government forms i.e: tax form, immigration
Visitors: should give you an idea of how many different individuals visited your website. The more the better. Page Views: how many pages of content have been viewed by your visitors. Higher page views may indicate the level of interaction your visitors have with your website. Ultimately you want them to end up on a goal page like your contact page or any form that can be filled out. Top Pages: gives you an idea of which pages on your site are the most popular. For many advisor websites we have found that the most popular pages include biography pages (many consumers will now do on-line research about the product or service they are about to buy) Time on site: give you an idea of your customer engagement with you site. How long they stay on the site. Search term: the terms your visitors are using in search engines such as Google or Yahoo to get to your site (better know as keywords) Referring sites: indicate which sites are linking to your website and how much traffic they bring . Common referring sites include Search Engines (like Google and Yahoo), Social Networking sites (like LinkedIn.com and Facebook.com), Client sites, Directories etc.
Google Sitemaps help Googlebot quickly find new content on your Web site. They allow you to tell Google what’s important, what’s new and what changes often. The tools provided to Webmasters through the program can play a vital role in helping you understand how the search engines (especially Google) view your Web site.
Loic We can see that E-mail marketing is still the preferred way to communicate with existing clients along with Face-to-face events. However social media is growing strong since 2009 where it was in 5th place.
You should add your website address to your email signature and make it stand out by increasing the font size. You may also want to include a call to action.
Blogging provides valuable opportunities to connect with clients, attract prospects and grow your business online. It’s a fantastic way to differentiate yourself!! Blog allows you to let your clients know more about you and your products before they decide to make a buying decision.
A subject line can make or destroy entire e-mail marketing campaigns. Personalized subject lines arouse a sense of curiosity among recipients and improve the E-mail open rate. Sending segmented messages helps you to communicate directly with a specific group of your target audience and allows you to increase your ROI and conversion rate. If most of your target audience has 9-5 job then you may want to send e-mails during the lunch timings as they can check their personal e-mails at that time. Biggest reason subscriber opt-out from e-mail lists is irrelevant content. Your e-mail content should be about them, about their problems, about their benefits and Not about you or how great your products and services are. Avoid spammy phrases (Click here, Once in a lifetime opp), using all caps, using the word ‘test’ in the subject line, coding sloppy html, suing too many exclamations points… Sending promotional e-mails frequently to your subscribers can make them frustrated and get you marked as spammer. If you have 500 e-mails in your list. Divide them into three groups of 100,100 and 300. Send e-mail A to first group and e-mail B to second group. Find out the winning e-mail that gets more clicks and sales and send it to the third group
Loic LinkedIn remains the favorite social networking platform for advisors. It is THE social site for professionals. We can also notice that Twitter is emerging as the fastest growing site in the group and has already taken the 2nd spot right in front of Facebook, despite its 500 million users!!!
Now that was a huge number, wasn’t it? Well here is what the average LinkedIn professional looks like <CLICK> That tells us that your target market is out in the open, ready to be engaged
Replace male by decision maker and portoflio over 250k
WEBINAR SERIES FOR FINANCIAL ADVISORS
ONLINE MARKETING &
Loic Jeanjean – Online Marketing Manager
• If you have any questions, please
use the ‘Questions’ window on the
right end side of your screen
• The slides for this presentation will
be emailed to you by end of day
• This webinar is being recorded and
will be posted on our blog this week
ADVISOR WEBSITES IS
LEADING PROVIDER OF
WORKS CLOSELY WITH
COMPLIANT AND HIGH
Online Marketing Manager
• Customize your website
• Market your website
• 7 best practices for email marketing
• Use social media
• 5 tips to build trust online
• Questions & Answers
QUICK TOUR OF SAMPLE
• Website layout – allows for a professional and
trustworthy look and feel
• Products page – list all the products you can sell
• Prominent buttons – generate call-to-action
• Tell a friend page – generate leads and referrals
• Contact page – map your office and provide
• Analytics – displays quarterly statistics
• Having fresh, engaging content is key for the
success of your website
• You can add text, pictures, pdfs, videos and
many other type of documents on your site
• Make sure you get authorization from your
compliance department to post content
• Remember that FINRA requires you to keep a
history of all revisions
• Based on our experiences, advisors with a picture on
their site have more chance to convert traffic into
prospects or clients!!
ADDING LINKS AND RESOURCES
1. Will the content be valuable to your
2. Is the material copyrighted?
3. Do you require 3rd party approval
from the content owner?
4. Do you require approval from your
5. Will the content change over time?
It is recommended to link directly to
the original site rather then hosting
forms and/or content on your site.
ADDING GOOGLE ANALYTICS
• Google analytics provides
you with a very good idea
of how your visitors are
using your website, how
many visitors you are
getting and ultimately you
can determine whether
you are generating good
exposure and value from
your web presence or if
there is room for
Free to signup: www.google.com/analytics/
Amount of Pages viewed
Top Pages viewed
Time on site
GOOGLE ANALYTICS DEMO
ADDING GOOGLE SITEMAPS
• Sitemaps provide you with a way to tell
Google valuable information about your
• Use Sitemaps to learn what Google thinks
about your Web site.
• Free to signup:
Most Effective Marketing Techniques
for Financial Advisors
What, in your opinion, is the most effective way to communicate with clients?
ADD YOUR WEBSITE TO YOUR EMAILS
Sample call to actions include:
– Please visit my new brand new website at
– A referral is one of the biggest compliments a client can
give me. You can now send a referral through my website
– Check out my latest newsletter at
– My website contains some very useful resources, please
feel free to review these resources at
SHOULD YOU BLOG?
1. Blogging establishes you as an expert in your field.
2. Blogging moves your site up in the search engines if you
update your site regularly.
3. Blogging gives you an easy way to interact with
customers and potential customers.
4. Blogging is a great way to give more value to your
TOUCH BASE WITH YOUR CLIENTS
What to communicate:
• Quarterly Newsletter
• Performance and held away asset reports
• Live Events
• Industry News
• New Services
• Community News
• Tips and Tricks
1.Use personalized subject lines
3.Take care of timing
4.Use relevant content
5.Understand how spam filters work
6.Avoid sending frequent e-mails
7.Test, test and test
7 BEST PRACTICES
SOCIAL MEDIA EFFECTIVENESS
Which social networking websites are you using?
THE LINKEDIN PROFESSIONAL AT A GLANCE
Average Age 41
Portfolio value $250k+
Complete your profile
How to connect
How to prospect
Ask for recommendations
The dashboard lists all the activities in your network:
Status updates, Recommendations, New connections etc.
COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE
Your profile should be 100% complete. Fill out your contact
information, work history and upload your photo. Link your website,
blog and list any awards/professional recognition.
PEOPLE YOU MAY KNOW
From the dashboard you can view a small list of people that
are connected to some of your contacts. Really useful if you
want to find new connections quickly
SEARCH FOR OPPORTUNITIES
You can use your connections list to look into their own
contacts and ask to be introduced to potential leads,
prospects or business partners.
JOIN 5 GROUPS OF INTEREST
• Financial planning associations, industry groups etc.
• If your target audience is dentists, find a specific group for dentists and
join this group
ASK AND GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS
Request recommendations from 5-10 of your best clients & contacts.
Feel free to provide recommendations for your top service providers!
Check with your
What you’re working on, share links …
Ask for them & give them
Ask questions & answer
JOIN 5 GROUPS
3 professional groups & 2 target client groups
FACEBOOK FOR ADVISORS
OVER 125 MILLION USE FACEBOOK IN THE US
• Look at Facebook as a valuable business platform
• Businesses are increasingly understanding its business
• Chances are you can benefit from it, too
LOOK AT FACEBOOK AS A WAY TO:
• Connect with your clients
• Share information
• Join groups and give value
• Speak to your audience directly
WHAT TO GET OUT OF FACEBOOK
• BOOST ONLINE PRESENCE
• INCREASE IN BRAND AWARENESS
• APPEARS AS A TRANSPARENT
• PLATFORM TO SYNDICATE YOUR
CONTENT TO MILLIONS OF POTENTIAL
• DEVELOP STRONG RELATIONSHIPS WITH
TWITTER FOR ADVISORS
TWITTER RECEIVES OVER 40 MILLION
– Chances are that your target market is there
LOOK AT TWITTER AS A WAY TO
– Build and retain customers
– Share information
– Update your clients
– Speak to your audience directly
– Drive traffic to your website
WHAT TO PUBLISH ON TWITTER
• ARTICLE OR BLOG POSTS
• OTHER PEOPLE CONTENT
• TIPS AND TRICKS
• UPCOMING EVENTS
• COMMUNITY NEWS
• NEWS AND VIEWS ON THE MARKET
SLIDESHARE FOR ADVISORS
• More than 30,000 slideshows are being uploaded
each week on Slideshare.net. Here is why:
– Online version of presentation (reduce attachments size)
– Promote your ideas (link presentations to social networks)
– Build online connections and be found by others
– Link back to your website for further reading
– Publicize your presentations
YOU NEED TO LIVE WHERE
THEY LIVE ONLINE
HOW DOES THAT HELP YOUR BUSINESS?
ARCHIVING SOCIAL MEDIA
If you are an advisor in the USA, you need to
archive all your social media history
You can use ARKOVI:
• Comply with FINRA and SEC regulations for record keeping of
• Archive blogs & other social media sites via RSS
• Archive Facebook & LinkedIn profiles
• Interact, search & export archives