Tearing Down Silos with Collaboration Tools Krissy Espindola, T-Mobile Director KM & Social Customer Support, and Christopher Morace, Jive Software Chief Strategy Officer, team up to present at the
Tearing Down Silos with Collaboration Tools Krissy Espindola, T-Mobile Director KM & Social Customer Support, and Christopher Morace, Jive Software Chief Strategy Officer, team up to present at the Seattle Evanta CIO Summit.
10. 10 © Jive confidentialIS THERE A BETTER WAY?
11. 11 © Jive confidential 11© Jive confidentialTechnology to the Rescue?“The Nexus of Forces is theconvergence and mutualreinforcement of social,mobility, cloud andinformation patterns thatdrive new businessscenarios.”“The Nexus of Forces: Social, Mobile, Cloud and Information”Gartner, June 14, 2012?
12. 12 © Jive confidential80% of Social Efforts Are Failing“Predicts 2013: Social and Collaboration Go Deeper and Wider”Gartner, November 28, 2012
14. 14 © Jive confidential“51% feel more connectedto their organization’smission and goals”“50% can locate relevantinformation and peoplefaster.”“76% have more visibility into work happening in otherdepartments or locations.”“79% are exposed to morenew ideas and innovationsin their organization.”SOFTVALUE
15. IF YOU WANT THIS
16. START HERE
17. 17© Jive confidentialFIND FOUNDATIONAL PILLARS13%revenue improvementper sales repThe Value Of ChangingThe Way Sales Is EnabledJive Customer ResultsIncrease in Deal SizeGrow size of deals substantially using Jive by aligningthe right team and following a sales process.•  86% of users said Jive helped them improve internalcommunications•  71% stated that Jive helped improve pitch/proposal quality.23%Reduction in On BoardingTrain and on board new reps faster on Jive, reducingcosts and enabling you to capture sales faster.•  82% found Jive valuable at discovering best practices.•  65% found it valuable at building a network.Reduction of Sales Support NeedsReduce sales support needs via better self-help fromreuse of existing knowledge and easier access totools and resources.•  88% said Jive was valuable for accessing knowledge andinformationOverall Revenue Improvement of 8% to 13% per repIn AdditionReduce salesperson turnover by improving performance, lowering frustrations,and creating better connectedness between employees.5%14%SOURCE: Jive customer survey · Nov. 2012 · Completed by a Top 3 consulting firm.EXAMPLE: Sales Enablement
18. 18 © Jive confidentialTHE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
19. 19 © Jive confidential 19#1START IN THERIGHT PLACE.
20. 20 © Jive confidential. . . 32 proven ways to get started
21. 21 © Jive confidential 21#2PICK THE RIGHTPLATFORM.
22. q  Purpose Built for Your Use Caseq  Ease of Integration into Your Systemsq  Usability by Your Workersq  Analytics Showing Real Valueq  Enterprise Readiness(Scale, Security, Compliance, Localization)q  Industry Proven Leadershipq  Referenceable Customers You’ve Heard Ofq  Roadmap (Vision not Feature Backlog)Things to Consider
25. 25 © Jive confidential 25#3UNDERSTAND THEFROM > TO.
26. Where you are todayLead salesrepsOther salesrepsCoachLead qualification Opportunity development Pitch, negotiate, close deal Capturing learningsCoaching anddevelopmentUnderstandindustry and pastcustomerinteractionsProvide inputfrom similarexperiencesProvide on-going coaching andsupportPreparesolution andquoteContentmanagerMatchesopportunity topast caseexamplesUpdate dealinfo andlearningsDevelop product/industry infoRevise pitchinfo based onexperiencesDevelop pitchbooks26
27. The pain in your current processLead salesrepsOther salesrepsCoachLead qualification Opportunity development Pitch, negotiate, close deal Capturing learningsCoaching anddevelopmentUnderstandindustry and pastcustomerinteractionsProvide inputfrom similarexperiencesProvide on-going coaching andsupportPreparesolution andquoteContentmanagerMatchesopportunity topast caseexamplesUpdate dealinfo andlearningsDevelop product/industry infoRevise pitchinfo based onexperiencesDevelop pitchbooks27Salesenablementdocs/tools hardto find /prioritizeDifficult to discussopportunities and ideasacross physicalboundariesCoordinating onsolution pitch,approvals,negotiations canbe slowHard/slow to developacross silos withmarketing and productDifficult / time consuming tocapture learning to updatedocumentation, customerprofile, etc.Hard/slow todevelop acrosssilos with sales opsNo strong feedback loop onsales enablementdocuments / infoCase history notup to date, andlots of color notavailable in CRMtool
28. 28 © Jive confidentialAddressing the painAfterBeforePain point▪  Sales enablement content is developed collaborativelyonline much faster with more cross-organizational input▪  Developers of content can see in-line feedback as well asratings/popularity to revise/improve docs▪  Sales enablement content and tools frommarketing and sales are developed in silosand emailed around for input and approvals▪  Difficult to get formal and informal feedbackon contentDevelopingsales/ marketingcontent acrosssilos▪  Sales and marketing collateral is in Jive in an open forumwhere it is constantly revised and commented on▪  Ratings systems ensure that the best content rises to thetop, and that people get credit for their contributions,increasing participation▪  Sales collateral, reference material, etc. arestored in emails or on intranets that arehard to search and know what is mostrelevantFinding salesenablement docs▪  Proposals are developed online, supporting real-timecollaboration with sales engineers, experts, managementand others▪  Ensures that proposals reflect the most recent companytemplates, knowledge, and approach to be the mosteffective.▪  Proposals are developed in silos andemailed around for input and approvals▪  Best experts/input difficult to find andcoordinate withProposalsdeveloped insilos, hard toalign bestpeople/info▪  Conversations around leads are captured to create richcustomer history, from lead to pitch to outcome▪  Traditional CRM tools capture limitedinformation and sales people tend not tokeep updated▪  Results from pitch and negotiationoftentimes lostLead info limited/not updated
33. deal cycletimewin rateon-boardingtimesalesincreasecostsales supportneed30% 33%50% 29%€4-8m€1.5mImproved sales efficiency andeffectivenessSelling costs reduced by €1.5mLeading to a net benefit of ~€10“By every measure, we’ve become a muchmore effective organization. It’s a realtransformation, and we couldn’t have done itwithout Jive.”Nicolas Jean-Jarry, Sales DirectorReport & Communicate Real Value
34. Tearing Down Silos withCollaboration ToolsKrissy Espindola, T-MobileDirector KM & Social Customer Support
35. 36 © Jive confidential36
36. 37 © Jive confidential37TrainingPolicy & ProcedureCommunicationsOver 20 sites
39. 40 © Jive confidentialFreedom in the cloud40Scalable$ Lower overhead costsContractually guaranteed service
40. 41 © Jive confidentialAdvantages of a social solution41Enables feedback loop2 Makes sharing best practices quick and easy3 Allows cross-team content collaboration and creation1
41. 42 © Jive confidentialEnabling Feedback42155,803 tickets in 2010*Voice tickets Discussions & commentsNo visibility in what happens aftersubmitting tickets86,559 total in 2012Available for submitters, theirpeers and cross-functionalteams to monitor & review* For only one line of businessAverage response time:19 daysAverage response time:72 hours
42. 43 © Jive confidentialMaking best practices easy to share43
43. 44 © Jive confidentialMaking best practices easy to share44CommentsOver 51K in 2012
44. 45 © Jive confidentialMaking best practices easy to share45DiscussionOver 50% ofquestions answeredby peers
45. 46 © Jive confidentialMaking best practices easy to share46Ideas43 projects launched26 in the works
46. 47 © Jive confidentialCross-team collaboration & contentcreation47Reduced FTE by 67%Saved $8M over 3 yearsReal-time content creationResolving cross channel gaps