<ul><li>19questions in the prelims </li></ul><ul><li>No negatives – please feel free to guess </li></ul><ul><li>One of the quizmaster’s decision is always right </li></ul><ul><li>Top 10 teams in the finals </li></ul>
<ul><li>1. The following is a set of jokes, based on a famous dialog. Name the characters and the movie, in which the original dialogue appeared </li></ul>
<ul><li>-----(X): Boss? aur is pille ka kyaa kare boss? </li></ul><ul><li>-----(Y): (X)!, Ise varnish mein daal do, saala mar bhi jaayega aur finish bhi aa jaayegi. </li></ul><ul><li>******************************************* </li></ul><ul><li>-------(X): Baas, is saale ka kya karen ? </li></ul><ul><li>-------(Y): (X)! Iss ko social security pe daal doo. Saale ko Society jeene nahin degea aur security isse marne nahin degea. </li></ul><ul><li> ******************************************* </li></ul><ul><li>-------(X):Baas, iska kya karen ? </li></ul><ul><li>-------(Y): (X)!Ise hamlet poison khilado...sochta rahega, to be or not to be ! </li></ul>
2. It is the surname or the title generally used by the Tripuri peoples of Tripura state in India. According to Census of India, 1991, Tripuri's constituted 16% of the Tripura state's population of 2.7 million, i.e., there are more than 500,000 people who use this surname at present. The son of the present king of Tripura is Somdev Devvarman, the tennis star. There are two others from this clan famous in the movie world. Name them.
3. Sholay won only one filmfare award. Surprisingly, what was it for?
4.This movie character’s actual name is Gopi. He appeared in 2 movies. The plot line for one of them involves the dreaded Shiv Shakti Organization threatening to wreak absolute havoc in the future. His partner Jackson has been abducted by the SSO heavies and an insidious replicant takes his place. In his mission to rescue his buddy Jackson and more importantly to crush the evil empire of the Shiv Shakti Organization and the dastardly team that comprise its high command, he has to cope with all sorts of mayhem which he manages to side step with ridiculous ease, almost arrogance. Name the character, and both movies.
6. This is probably the only Indian family to get 5 padma awards. The grandfather has a padma bhushan, his daughter-in-law and her daughter-in-law have a padma shri each, while the father has both a padma shri and padma bhushan. Name the father.
7. Its gross earnings are 2.35 crore. One reason for its continued success is attributed to the close proximity of Mumbai Central and State Transport Bus Stand, with porters and slum dwellers dropping by during the afternoon due to the low prices and unbelievable comfort. Families consider it a weekend outing, coming during the afternoon,then having a lunch outside. What ‘phenomenon’ does this explain?
8. Jerry Pinto’s the Life and Times on an H-Bomb is based on which person, who was awarded a Padma Shri this year?
9. Which actress had three nominations for Filmfare award for best actress in a single year?
10. This was first movie of anupam kher, but later all of his scenes were deleted. The top actor was paid Rs. 15000, and was asked to bring his personal camera which was used as a prop. There was an actress depicting shodha de. Name this all-time classic movie.
11. Name 5 films in which Amitabh has played a double role. 3-5 films – 1 point 6-8 films – 1.5 points 9-11 films – 2 points
12. What movie was known as O Alitis tis Vomvais in Greece, Wlóczega in Poland, Katkera Rakkaus in Finland, Brodyaga in Russia and El Vagabundo in Spain?
13. Identify the movie from the poster ( A Govinda movie also has the same name)