Legislative Session Moved Forward Aggressively on Key Goals
• Solar water heating units on the roofs of all new housing
developments, eliminating the need for one of the most energy-hungry
appliances in the home.
• Photovoltaic energy generators on lower grade agricultural lands,
allowing us to actually farm the sun.
• Incentives for residential photovoltaic units and net energy metering
that can make homes and businesses renewable energy generators.
• Coordinated system for renewable energy facility siting which will
expedite the process for needed permits without compromising
• With the current process for large facilities taking as long as ten years,
this crucial piece of legislation would allow producers of wind or
solar energy to get operations up and running in as little as half the
Agriculture and Open Space
• Permit the use of lands in agricultural dist