2. Matthew 15:21-28 (New Living Translation) Jesus then left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre and Sidon.  A Gentile woman who lived there came to him, pleading, &quot;Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! For my daughter has a demon in her, and it is severely tormenting her.&quot;  But Jesus gave her no reply—not even a word. Then his disciples urged him to send her away. &quot;Tell her to leave,&quot; they said. &quot;She is bothering us with all her begging.&quot;
3. Matthew 15:21-28 (New Living Translation)  Then he said to the woman, &quot;I was sent only to help the people of Israel—God's lost sheep—not the Gentiles.&quot;  But she came and worshiped him and pleaded again, &quot;Lord, help me!&quot;  &quot;It isn't right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs,&quot; he said.  &quot;Yes, Lord,&quot; she replied, &quot;but even dogs are permitted to eat crumbs that fall beneath their master's table.&quot;
4. Matthew 15:21-28 (New Living Translation)  &quot;Woman,&quot; Jesus said to her, &quot;your faith is great. Your request is granted.&quot; And her daughter was instantly healed.
5. ● Jesus can be moved by the needs of others…can I? ● Jesus still shows up in out-of-the-ordinary places…with healing on his mind. ● When we give God every reason not to be interested in our lives he bursts in anyway. ● Jesus is good at jumping fences, stepping across barriers and painting outside of the lines.
8. A LITTLE VACATION INTERRUPTED… BY A SCREAMING, SHOUTING WOMAN
9. <ul><li>“ My daughter is tormented by a demon!” </li></ul><ul><li>But what surprises us from the lips of a Gentile is: “Lord, Son of David!” </li></ul>THE PRESSING NEED: GET MY DAUGHTER FREE
10. Matthew calls her a Canaanite woman … an archaic term … like calling a Dane a Viking THE DISCIPLES ARE ANNOYED BY HER. AND JESUS IS CLEARLY READY TO MOVE ON BY The Disciples: Send her away because she keeps shouting after us. Jesus: The ‘Silent Treatment’ … “He does not answer her.”
11. MORE OF THE SAME!
12. THE STARTLING WORDS OF JESUS
13. THE CRY OF ABSOLUTE FAITH PENETRATES THE HEART OF JESUS
14. JESUS IS MOVED BY SUCH FAITH!
15. WHAT A REVEALING STORY
16. THE BEAT GOES ON!
17. Remembering how the bread is given even to us ‘Gentile dogs’. We are all included by Faith.
18. I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I have chosen to follow Jesus as my Lord and trust Him as my Savior.
20. Returning to God out of our abundance. A gift of thanks.
23. PRAYER & PRAISE
25. ● Jesus can be moved by the needs of others…can I? ● Jesus still shows up in out-of-the-ordinary places…with healing on his mind. ● When we give God every reason not to be interested in our lives he bursts in anyway. ● Jesus is good at jumping fences, stepping across barriers and painting outside of the lines.