1. 1. Where are your shoppers shopping? – Shi3s – Alterna7ves 2. What is their decision process? – Shi3s – Alterna7ves 3. How are you organized/resourced? 4. What is disrup7ng your work? 5. How does all of the above impact how you do: – Messaging – Merchandising – Ac7va7on 6. Key takeaways – where to op7mize, and where & how fast to diﬀeren7ate?
2. CATEGORIES: Retailer speciﬁc: amazon, Best Buy Media partners: Elle, Mens Health Local: Vancouver, malls Social: facebook, myshopanion Oﬀers: couponsherpa Scanners: redlaser, barcode hero Search: shopsavvy, google shopper Geo: aisle411, fastmall Lists: groceryIQ Reward: shopkick 12
3. • Channels • Pure plays • Mul7‐channels • Migra7ng categories – speed • Online • mobile
4. • ‘demographics’‐ genera7onal, adop7on, urban • Insights • Shi3ing points of inﬂuence • Media consump7on • Impact of recommenda7ons • Impact of loca7on • What is impulse? • Digitally enabled trip • Concierge‐ing
5. fast toys electronics RATE OF CHANGE frozen baby moderate high medium/low STORE DEPENDENT What is the rate of change in your category? Your op7ons: How retailer‐dependent are you? ‐ op7mize in your posi7on ‐ diﬀeren7ate in your posi7on ‐ move posi7ons
6. Our objec7ve is to: Our role in the organiza7on is to: We are accountable for: Our focus is: Our available resources are: We are constrained by: What we have found that works is: What we have found that doesn’t work for us is: The insights that we hold dear are: The way we divine insights is: We are experimen7ng with: We are excited about:
7. My Company Is Doing This: • Integrated • Transparent • Social • Personalized • Targeted • Local • Contextual