Time for Radical Change?• Is it time for a wakeup call?• Is it time to break away from the approach to business passed on by our parents and grandparents for the past 100 years? ENERGISE2-0.COM
Two Main Areas• Engage and Empower – The Social Media Revolution• Entrepreneurship – Changing the Rules of the Game Report back to the main conference Develop Action Plan for moving forward ENERGISE2-0.COM
InfographicA Day in theInternet ENERGISE2-0.COM
Key Things to Remember about Social Media ENERGISE2-0.COM
1. It’s a RevolutionA fundamental and revolutionary changein online behaviour, expectations andthe online customer experience.The end of the ‘read only’ InternetContent generated by the network forthe networkWe are no longer passive consumers ofcontent/brand messages ENERGISE2-0.COM
2. It’s SocialA conversationnot a broadcastplatform ENERGISE2-0.COM
Be SocialNew ‘mindsets’ arerequired to be successful insocial media ‘BE SOCIAL BEFORE DOING SOCIAL’ How social is your organisation? ENERGISE2-0.COM
3. Power ShiftSocial media empowerscustomers, empowers thenetwork We no longer control the brand The brand becomes the customer experience of the brand – experiences that are widely shared online ENERGISE2-0.COM
4. Declining EffectivenessDeclining effectiveness of traditionalapproaches to sales and marketingDoes anyone listen any more?We are no longer passive sheepwaiting to be ‘driven’ to web sitesIf you treat us like sheep, we will tell youto ‘flock off’ ENERGISE2-0.COM
5. The End of Business as UsualNew ‘mindsets’, new businessapproaches and new performancemeasures are requiredNOT a broadcast medium. Itsabout listening to and engagingwith customers, partners, yourcommunity, your tribeThis is something we are not verygood at doing. We prefer tellingpeople how good we are ENERGISE2-0.COM
The End of Business as Usual ‘Winners’ will be those organisations who fully utilise the interactive power of Web 2.0 technology for engaging with and energising customer and network relationshipsHow strong is the quality of our online network? ENERGISE2-0.COM
Key QuestionsHow do you use social media?What progress has your organisationmade? Is it fully leveraging the potentialof social media for achieving sustainedbusiness growth and competitiveness?How can social media be used toengage and empower theNet Gen in Scotland?Can social media help to alleviateyouth unemployment? ENERGISE2-0.COM
Bob Dylan Come gather round people Wherever you roam And don’t criticise What you cant understand Your sons and your daughters Are beyond your command Your old road is Rapidly agin‘ Then you better start swimmin’ Or youll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’ ENERGISE2-0.COM
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.