Change is a constant
in the world of SEO.
But there are
that have worked
since the beginning
and aren’t going
be in a pretty
good place –
Eliminate duplicate content
Search engines are getting pretty good at identifying duplicate content, but it’s still an
imprecise science. When a robot comes across 20 pages of the same content, it’s not
going to be 100% sure which one is the original one that deserves the rank – bad news
for you if the robot doesn’t pick the right one.
All the search engines really care about is your content and how useful it is –
and so will your readers.
- blogs: fill your blog up with juicy information and stories
- resources: Talk about your industry and trends while linking out to useful sites
- instructionals: show people how to use your products
If you’ve just got a few links, it’s easier to see where you want to go next.
- give all your important links pride of place and visibility
- group lesser pages together: categories and subcategories are ideal for this
- link to related products – if you’re buying a tennis racket, you might be
interested in buying tennis balls, too.
Internet marketers are taking measure
to boost their websites' ranking through
proper link building techniques.
Let’s recap several advantages of link building and why it wouldn’t likely be extinct:
•It can drive referral traffic, especially if the links are contextual and placed on high-
traffic and thematically relevant pages/content.
•Links and brand mentions help businesses become more authoritative and visible to
their target audience (link building is more efficient as a branding tool).
•Links help sites (and web documents) in getting found and discovered, not just by
search crawlers, but also by users.
•Links can also increase a website’s conversions.
•Link building still directly impacts a site’s ability to rank on search results.
For more information please visit:
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.