1. August 21, 2013
Talk 2: The Evangelization in CFC SFC
2. 1. Mass or Proclamation Evangelization
2. Random Evangelization
3. Christian Entertainment
4. Circumstantial or Everyday or Environmental
5. Strategic or Selective Evangelization
6. Program Evangelization
7. Relational or pastoral evangelization
3. 1. The most basic method for every SFC
member to carry out Christ's Great
Commission is to undertake everyday or
It does not necessitate going to far-off places as a
missionary, but is done in the different environments we
find ourselves in daily
It does not necessitate a thorough familiarity with the Bible
or Christian doctrine, but just a pure desire to share with
others what God is doing in our lives.
It involves simple witnessing, often a silent witness, of our
growing relationship with God, of better relationship with
our spouse, of greater peace and order in our family.
4. 1. First we need to build up a relationship.
2. Earn his/her respect rather than just be liked.
3. Be aggressive. Take initiative in the relationship.
4. Bring him/her into a relationship with other
brothers/sisters, especially with a potential peer
5. Do not relate functionally, but be open to having
a genuine friendship developing.
6. After the relationship is in place, present the
gospel to him/her. Be sensitive to timing.
7. Challenge him/her
8. Invite the single to our CLP
5. The New Evangelization for the
Transmission of the Christian Faith
6. 1. The New Evangelization calls each of us to
deepen our faith,
believe in the Gospel message and
go forth to proclaim the Gospel.
The focus of the New Evangelization calls all
Catholics to be evangelized and then go forth
7. The New Evangelization is focused on 're-
proposing' the Gospel to those who have
experienced a crisis of faith.
Pope Benedict XVI called for the re-proposing of the
Gospel "to those regions awaiting the first
evangelization and to those regions where the roots of
Christianity are deep but who have experienced a
serious crisis of faith due to secularization.“
The New Evangelization invites each
Catholic to renew their relationship with
Jesus Christ and his Church.
8. 1. To evangelize means: to show this path — to
teach the art of living. I will show you the path
of life, the path toward happiness — rather: I
am that path, Jesus.
2. The Church always evangelizes and has never
interrupted the path of evangelization.
3. Everyone needs the Gospel; the Gospel is
destined to all and not only to a specific circle
and this is why we are obliged to look for new
ways of bringing the Gospel to all.
9. 1. The temptation of impatience, the temptation of
immediately finding the great success, in
finding large numbers. But this is not God's
2. Large things always begin from the small seed,
and the mass movements are always
3. Evangelizing is not merely a way of speaking,
but a form of living.
10. 1. The Lord and the Spirit build the Church,
communicate through the Church.
2. "Jesus preached by day, by night he prayed.“ - Don Didimo
3. Jesus had to acquire the disciples from God.
The same is always true. We ourselves cannot
gather men. We must acquire them by God for
4. Jesus did not redeem the world with beautiful
words but with his suffering and his death.
11. 1. The success of his mission (St. Paul) was not
the fruit of great rhetorical art or pastoral
prudence; the fruitfulness was tied to the
suffering, to the communion in the passion
2. The blood of martyrs is a seed. The law of
fruitfulness in the word of the grain of seed
that dies, fallen to earth (John 12:24).
3. "Whoever loses his life for my sake and the
Gospel's will save it" (Mark 8:35).
12. St. Augustine:
"Tend my sheep," this means suffer for my sheep.... A
mother cannot give life to a child without suffering. Each
birth requires suffering, is suffering, and becoming a
Christian is a birth.
“The Kingdom of heaven has
suffered violence, but the violence
of God is suffering, it is the cross.”
We cannot give life to others without giving up our own lives.
2.The Kingdom of God
14. 1. Speaking about God and speaking with God
must always go together.
2. To proclaim God is to introduce to the relation
with God: to teach how to pray. Prayer is faith
3. The liturgy is actio divina, God acts and we
respond to this divine action.
4. The personal abilities of the celebrant do not
count, only his faith counts, by which Christ
Love from Jesus, fill us!
Holy Spirit, guide us!
God the Father,
your will be done! AMEN