1. The parallel clamps is the first assemblydrawing that I had ever completed. FirstI had to draw all the individual parts.Then I modeled all rearranged the partsto show where they went and how farapart that the clamp would open.Finally, I completed a bill of materialsshowing quantity of partsneeded, material specifications and thename of each part.
2. The connector in the picture to the leftwas redesigned to be made into a castpart and then machined down to itsfinally specifications. The drawingincludes specifications on finishes andhole sizes.
3. The drawing to the left represents a pipecutter that was drawn using AutoCAD. Inthe assembly drawing I showed the rangeof motion and which way the handleturned in order to close the part. I alsocreated a bill of materials specifying partnumbers, names, material required andquantity of parts required in order to putthe assembly together. On the next pageyou can see where I modeled all theparts in AutoCAD before completing theassembly.
4. The pulley on the left is on the one of the first partsthat I had ever modeled using Solid Works. First Imodeled the part using all specifications that wasnecessary. Then I produced a drawing of the partshowing all the dimensions of the part usingsection, side, and isometric views. The drawing isplaced on the next page for easy viewing.
5. On the left is a bracket I modeled in solidworks were I used many differentfeatures to create the finally part. Someof the features I used in solid works werecombine, mirror, draft, and extrude.
6. These two sheet metal objects were created using every feature possible for sheet metal in Solid Works.
7. On the left is my completed project that Imodeled using solid works. When I firststarted the project I wanted to design abow that was simple and cheap tomanufacture. The design intent for theproject was to use the K.I.S.S.method, which stands for keep it simplestupid. All of the parts on the bow weremodeled using this method because ifsomething was to break I wanted it to beeasily repaired and assembled. I alsodesigned this bow keeping in mind that itneeded to be light weight and short axle toaxle, that way it could easily be used out ofa tree stand or on the ground to give thehunter or target shooter the advantagewhen using the bow. In this project Imodeled the limbs, riser, sight, arrowrest, hand grip and two simple cams for thebow.
8. This is the sketch I drew on graph paperwhen I first started the project. I made arough sketch of a bow and made it kindof look like I wanted it to in the end.Throughout the semester I madechanges to the design in order to fit thedesign intent of the project.
9. This is the sight I modeled for my project.I made everything very simple on it andmade it easily adjustable. Along withthat I decided to stay away from fiberoptic sights because they have atendency of breaking if jarred around tomuch. I made three slots in it that waythe person using the bow would be ableto mount an aftermarket light on it forlow light situations in any place that theydesired. Finally I made the sight capableof mounting a quiver on it for carryingarrows.
10. On the right is the arrow rest that Imodeled to fit my final project. I decidedto make it a drop away arrow rest. Thistype of rest allows no friction whenshooting the bow, therefore allowingmaximum accuracy and speed. The restis easily adjustable and fits the criteria ofthe project very well.