2. What is Web 2.0This is a list of a few definitions I found on the internet...Open sourced softwareWeb based applicationsUser generated contentBuzzword or JargonEnhanced creativity, information sharing, and increasedemphasis on collaboration.
3. This Has changed our society byconnecting everyone, everywhere, toeverything through the internet.
4. Tool #1Google Voice (Personal)This is a VOIP service that gives the user a free U.S.phone number through the internet. It allows you totext, call, and receive calls from U.S phone numbers forfree.It gave me the ability to communicate for free with allmy friends and family while living overseas.
5. Other capabilities Allows me to send and receive free texts on my smartphone. Gives me the capabilities to ring numerous different phones with 1 number. Free voicemail, caller ID, and conference calling to name a few. Source: https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#inbox
6. Diigo(Educational) In the education setting, we all know that project-based learning is an effective way to teach students and cultivate their skills of finding, organizing, synthesizing, and presenting information, as well as the social skills of working in groups, all of which are necessary in the knowledge-based economy. Among the web 2.0 technologies, Diigo is a great tool for this kind of exploratory and collaborative learning. Source: www.diigo.com
7. Diigo is an effective tool for teaching as well. Diigosfeatures allow teachers to highlight critical featureswithin text and images and write comments directly onthe web pages, to collect and organize series of webpages and web sites into coherent and thematic sets,and to facilitate online conversations within the contextof the materials themselves. Diigo also allows teachersto collaborate and share resources among themselves.Source: www.diigo.com
8. Twitter(Business/Professional) Twitter is a free way to connect with your customers if you are a business. List special offers, information, updates, news, coupons, links to video and pictures, the possibilities are endless. Get information on customers, competitors, fans, etc.
9. Twitter Source: http://business.twitter.com/ Free advertising for any sized business. Gather statistics to help better your business. Tweet on the run from your mobile phone. One example of this is a hotdog stand in New York that uses tweets to let customers know where they are selling their product.