During the past three months I have been in contact with several organizations and vendors that have either already implemented SCORM or have been working on implementing SCORM as part of their mobile learning strategy. This helped me to identify the use cases for this presentation.
My objectives for this presentation and also for my ongoing research interests are the following:
1) Generate a list of mobile learning technologies that use SCORM.
2) Publish general best practices for designing SCORM content for mobile devices.
3) Identify which technologies are available when implementing SCORM for mobile devices.
4) Identify potential updates to SCORM that will enhance future mobile learning.
Today I will talk about some specific mLearning examples and provide you with the 5 W’s (who, what, when, where, and why) of each use case and how SCORM is being addressed as part of their mLearning strategy. Finally, I will conclude the session with the outcomes I recorded from analyzing these use cases. The outcomes will include:
• Notable Findings
• Common Technical Challenges and Considerations
• General Best Practices