• Service Versioning• Remove Endpoint-Coupling Between Services and Clients• Managing WCF Configuration• WCF Services Availability• Monitoring Services• Security && Identity Management
• Versioning services imposes large degrees of changes on the clients• Multiple versions of the same services might need to be running side by side Solution: Use WCF Routing Service to abstract the communication across different service versions Service v1 Client Routing Service Service v2
• Clients are dependent on WCF endpoint changes• High availability requires the deployment of expensive hardware solutions Solution: Use WS-Discovery to adapt to endpoint changes Service Client Service
• Complexity• Enforcing reusability and consistency across services, clients and environments Solution: Centralize WCF configuration Configuration Repository Client Service
• Identifying when a service is available• Avoiding the need for executing service logic Solution: Implement a Ping Operation Invoker Client Service Ping Operation Invoker
• Instrument the message exchange between client and services• Collect near real time metrics about the service runtime behavior• Track the data exchange between clients and services Solution: Enable and extend service tracking using the Windows Server AppFabric Client Service
• Adopting WCF in big SO solutions can introduce some interesting challenges• The extensibility of the WCF programming model together with well established patterns, tools and techniques that can help to address those challenges• Start small, iterate, adopt what makes sense for your organization
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.