5. How did you attract/address your audience? Range of differentVariety of colours people reflecting attracting males different ethnicities and females From my questionnaire results it shown me that the 3 most important things for my magazine were colours, images as well as the stories. I made sure I used a variety of colours for my front cover so that it would attract both males and females, as my focus group said ‘A colour palette such as a range of colours that will attract both males and females such be used so the magazine will appeal both to the male and female audience.’ I made sure that the colour scheme I used for my cover was used throughout my magazine was kept consistent so I didn’t look tacky. I also ensured that the colours I would use were bright so they would stand out when on a shelf with other music magazines. As well as this I looked at my questionnaire results to find out what stories as well as features would my target audience like to see within my magazine. I found the most popular features were celebrity gossip, interviews, chart updates as well as reviews. When making my magazine I ensured that I was going to consider these features throughout my coverlines. I made sure that my coverlines stood out towards the users by using bold san serif fonts as well as putting a colour behind them to give them effect. When taking my photo for my front cover I wanted to make sure the my model I used was looking at the camera. I wanted this so that the reader would feel engaged with my magazine when its on the shelf. The main striking image on the cover took up most of the page, I did this so there was something interesting to look at when it was picked up.
5. How did you attract/address your audience? Popular Artists From doing research within my chosen target audience which were males and females between the ages of 15-19 years old as well as being of a class C1 and D, I found out Interviews that the most popular features within a magazine were: with Music Celebrity Gossip Interviews with music artists Artists Celebrity gossip Music chart updates Gig reviews As well as artists such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Tinie Tempah and Jessie J to be the most popular. From these results I found out I was able to incorporate them within my music magazine to please my Gig audience. ReviewsMusic Chart Updates From the questionnaire results I found out the most popular features chosen by target audience within a magazine. I used these results to help me choose what I was going to use for my coverlines to attract my target audience.
5. How did you attract/address your audience? Bold, san serif font used for the masthead targeted at a low brow audience San serif font Mentions festivals and music used for the charts which is what my target coverlines audience of this genre are attracting my interested intarget audience Used most popular features Models of a similar age to from the my target audience – questionnaire smiling and looking in to results (celeberity the camera allowing gossip, reader to engage interviews) Artists mentioned are all from the genre my target audience are interested in Used variety of colours attracting both males and females, the colour palette is quite limited so it doesn’t look tacky and attracts the right audience
5. How did you attract/address your audience? Bold, san seriffont used for theheading targeting my low brow audience Variety of people used such as male and female but of different ethnicities to broaden target audience Stories used were the most popular ones found from my questionnaire results such as interviews and Chance to win stuff that my gossip target audience will be interested in such as tickets of an artists from the genre mainstream pop Same colour scheme used on the cover, keeping the theme consistent
5. How did you attract/address your audience? Smaller images allowing reader to get a feel of the models personality and engage with article Bold, san seriffont used for theheading targeting my low brow audience Boxes behind the standfirst and the caption keeping theme consistent as well as attracting a low brow audience Grab quotes attracting Models of a similar age attention to my target audience, looking in to the camera allowing the reader to feel engaged Columns making my article easy to Same colour scheme used on the cover, keeping the theme read and follow consistent throughout the magazine