Current communicaitons on the web, people coing to your site because they want to know about you. They are great people who you are reaching with your current comunications and they are loving it But, If you don’t think that your ciurrentcommuniatiocn are as cute as this picture you’ve done your power ana
Bloggers are a bit more descerning
Your existing supporters might be interested in content you create for bloggers
You your bloggers may not be satisified by the content you have for general supporter outreach
Turn them into happy cats who will not only want to support your organisation, but enthuse their audiences
So you have your armful of bloggers, they like you what next.
You have the attention of the bloggers What now.
1. Tips for Creating aBlogger OutreachProgram
2. What we will cover today• Where is everyone at and what do you want to get out this session• Benefits of a blog outreach network• Why would bloggers be interested in your organisation?• How to start a blogger outreach program.• What to type of content do bloggers like?• How best to communicate with bloggers• How to measure success.
3. BENEFITS OF A BLOGGEROUTREACH PROGRAM
4. Benefits of a Blog Outreach Program
5. WHERE DOUST BLOGGERS ART?
6. How to find the bloggers• Do you know what type of bloggers you want to connect with?• Internal survey to find existing contacts• Are they hiding in your existing supporter base, staff and volunteers• Search for them, don’t assume they know who you are• Use social media to contact/network• Are there existing networks/organisation• Become part of the community• Are there external events and partners you can find bloggers that meet your criteria.
7. OMG I HAVE TO TALK TOBLOGGERS. WHAT DO I DO NOW?
8. Content for bloggers• Don’t just make it up as you go along, talk to your bloggers to ask them what type of content works for them, better yet, get them to help you produce it.• Emailing a PDF of the latest copy of your report isn’t outreach• Bloggers and social influencers come in all shapes and sizes, make sure your content fits the blogs in your network.• Don’t treat bloggers like second-class journalists.• Do have shareable and compelling content
9. GREAT. SO NOW THESEBLOGGERS WILL DO AS I SAY.MWOAH <EVIL LAUGH>
10. Long-term relationship• Check-in with your bloggers• What have you done for them, lately.• Have a long-term plan• Measure your success, be prepared to change or stop activities• Set-up a Blog and Social Media Advisory board• Know your meme’s• Refresh your blogger list regularly