It is NOT About
2. Hard Selling
3. “Spray & Pray”
4. Sharing what you ate for breakfast
(unless, of course, you’re a food critic)
Why is it important?
1. By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers….
96% of them have joined a social network
2. Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38
Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3
Years)…Facebook added 100 million users in less
than 9 months…iPhone applications hit 1 billion in
3. % of companies using LinkedIn as a primary tool to
4. The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65
5. 80% of Twitter usage is outside of Twitter…people
update anywhere, anytime…imagine what that
means for bad customer experiences?
6. 34% of bloggers post opinions about products &
brands - There are over 200,000,000 Blogs
7. Facebook USERS translated the site from English to
Spanish via a Wiki in less than 4 weeks and cost
1. Grunwald Associates National Study – Info highlighted on Trendsspotting Blog
2. First Stats: United Nations Cyberschoolbus Document Facebook Stat: Mashable iPhone Stat: Apple
3. Jobvite Social Recruitment Survey
4. Inside Facebook Blog
5. Attempting to relocate
6. Universal McCannʼs Social Media Research Wave 3, China Internet Information Center, Technorati, Wikipedia
Common goals of a
social media campaign
1. Brand Awareness
2. Brand Loyalty
3. Customer Service
4. Market Research
5. Competitive Intelligence
There are 8 steps to a
social media strategy
1. Set Goals
The most popular tools may not be the
right fit for your business. Listen to your
audience and set up shop where they
Create accounts in the areas that best fit
your goals. Think quality not quantity.
What kind of content do you create
when everything you do is a reflection
of your brand?
Become your friends’ best advocate.
Help to promote their content but be
sincere. Everyone can smell a rat.
Talk to your network. Have a
conversation. This is about building
relationships and reinforcing a brand.
Pull out your goals and measure your
success. Which tools are working, need
to be tweaked, and which need to be
Follow. Friend. Call.
Follow, friend or call us for more information about how to create an effective
campaign for your company.
King Design is a full-service creative agency. We help build strong brands
through smart, high-quality web design, print design, brand identity, interactive
and promotional marketing services.
Friend us: www.facebook.com/kingdesignllc