View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• All expenditures are handled via public
• What have we spent money on?
• Team Meetings
• Audio/Video Equipment
• Contract for Scott to do UI dev
• What will we be spending money on?
• Improving server infrastructure
• Getting more developer time to train and
mentor new developers
• Design work and jQuery Mobile
• More team meetings and conferences
• We’re in the process of ﬁnalizing some
formal governance rules for the project
• This will set very clear guidelines on how
ﬁnances can be used, votes held, and new
members joining the project
Path to Contribution
• We’re actively working on a new set of
public documents describing how to
• Also setting up dedicated teams to help
review and mentor new developers
• We want a constant, fresh, inﬂux of new
developers to the project!
• Working with the Software Freedom Law
• We’re in the ﬁnal steps of transferring
copyright of Packt’s ‘Learning jQuery 1.4’ to
• We’ve ﬁnalized a CLA process for jQuery
• We’re getting the full jQuery team to sign
and all major contributors
• The project will hold the rights to the code
base and have certain patent assurances as
• We’re starting to sell jQuery t-shirts today
on the new jQuery store:
• jQuery 1.4.3
• Ofﬁcial Plugins:
• jQuery Templating
• jQuery Data Linking
• jQuery Mobile
• Tool written by Douglas Crockford
• With more commits coming in, helps to
enforce basic style guidelines
• Completely integrated into our
development workﬂow: make lint
• All jQuery modules can now be individually
• Could use a script loader to load each ﬁle
• Allows us to avoid building jQuery to run
the test suite.
• Massive rewrite of the CSS module.
• Focus on extensibility.
• (A bit of performance too!)
• Plugins already using it: jQuery Rotate
• Dramatically simplify the process of
extracting data from a form and updating it.
• Another plugin developed in conjunction
with devs at Microsoft.
• New ofﬁcial templating plugin.
• Provide a simple way of putting data into an
• Developed in conjunction with devs at
The Missing Gap
• Almost all mobile web development
focuses on modern WebKit
• There are far too many other platforms
• Blackberry, Opera, Windows Mobile,
Mobile Firefox, Symbian, etc.
• jQuery Mobile works everywhere - and
without sacriﬁcing experience.
Phase 1: jQuery Core
• We’re working to make jQuery core work
on all the popular mobile browsers.
• Building out our test suite and continuous
• Using TestSwarm to automate our testing
across all platforms.
• Fixing mobile bugs in core.
Phase 2: jQuery Mobile
• A complete framework for building mobile
web sites and applications.
• Provide all the widgets and layout
components necessary to build mobile
• Built on the principles of progressive
Enjoy the Conference!
• Next: Learn more about jQuery Mobile!
• More information:
• http://blog.jquery.com/ (jQuery 1.4.3)