1. How to build a social media brand experience ? Mash up of various slideshares
2. Mash up of various slideshares = The real life social network by Paul Adams http://www.slideshare.net/padday/the-real-life-social-network-v2 The Micro-Sociology of Networks by David Armano http://www.slideshare.net/darmano/the-microsociology-of-networks Activate The Market by mediafront by http://www.slideshare.net/MediaFront/activate-the-market-6560480
3. Part 1 = What are social media about ? PART 2 = To integrate social networks brands need to build “social brand experiences” PART 3 = Exemple of a « social brand experience » = the ford story
10. According to Nielsen tr ust in Advertising,78% of consumers trust the advice of other consumers. The same survey found that consumer recommendations are the most credible form of advertising. Other reports have stated that 94% of consumers say that a word of mouth recommendation from a friend or trusted source that has actually owned the product is the number one influencer of their purchase (Forrester Research, published by Zuberance). A 2009 study by Razorfish found that 65% of consumers report having a digital experience that positively or negatively changed their opinion about a brand. Of that group, 97% indicated that their digital experience influenced whether or not they eventually purchased the product from that brand.
11. People trust more their friends than google and brands websites and advertising.
19. The new influencers = « the friends »
21. The new comunication space = people « status » on social networks.
22. The new comunication space = people « status » on social networks.
23. The new comunication space = people « status » on social networks.
25. SOCIAL NETWORKS = PEOPLE IN DIRECT RELATION Web 1.0 = content WEB 2.0 = discussion WEB 3.0 = people
26. SOCIAL NETWORKS ARE USER CENTRIC People are interlinked and interacting in a participatory manner with engaging contents.
27. People are using social media to connect, share, discuss, vent and join w ith family w ith close friends with neighbors w ith classmates w ith coworkers and with complete strangers. Their interactions are powered by hundreds of web and mobile applications.
28. The big difference is that social network are made to help people exchange on line their videos, photos…all in one space
29. ..and they are designed to fit the way people exchange on line…they share their life, at the pace of their life.
30. Social networks are a mean to an end. Social networks are chosen because they are the right space to get to that end with the help of friends.
31. In the past few years, Facebook has surpassed MySpace as the most popular social network and Twitter has become so popular that news anchors read tweets while on the air. And while the surge in popularity for social networking centered around social networks designed for schools, it is being increasingly used by adults, with only one out of every ten Twitter uses being under the age of 18. # Facebook with 133,623,529 unique visits. # MySpace with 50,615,444 unique visits. # Twitter with 23,573,178 unique visits. Facebook is the social network best designed for people to exchange on line
32. Facebook has made « people’s streams » easy to follow and has made it easy to participate and add notes, photos, …
33. Twitter is designed to follow many « people’s streams » but still has a long way to go to facilitate interactions.
34. The content plateforms have become social, but are not up to speed with social networks.Even if they have opened up discution, they are not designed yet to follow other « people streams ».
35. Social networks facilitate complex interactions with very different people.
38. People are interacting in social networks with people they are not always friends with…interaction with them is « occasional »
39. PART 2 = to integrate social networks brands need to build “social brand experiences”
40. social media outlets are not venues for typical advertising messages. Social media sites are so called because they allow social groups to form. They are not a medium for the hard sell. But how to engage people collectively ?
48. We socialize to find a solution to our problems.
49. Social media help us get things done…with the help of others.
59. Exemple of a « social brand experience » = the ford story
63. A corporate opening = FORD 2.0 Ford is telling Ford history and sharing Ford plan for future
64. A social opening = PEOPLE 2.0 Ford is close to everybody’s life.
65. Sharing product experience = PRODUCT 2.0 Exitement around Ford fiesta relaunch.