Jeremiah Grossman, Founder and CTO of WhiteHat Security, Inc.
T.C. Niedzialkowski, Sr. Security Engineer, WhiteHat Security, Inc.
Booksigning: Hacker’s Challenge 3 with Jeremiah Grossman and Himanshu Dwivedi at 12:30 on Thursday, August 3 at the BreakPoint Books booth.
Most of us assume while surfing the Web that we are protected by firewalls and isolated through private NAT'ed IP addresses. We assume the soft security of intranet websites and that the Web-based interfaces of routers, firewalls, printers, IP phones, payroll systems, etc. even if left unpatched, remain safe inside the protected zone. We believe nothing is capable of directly connecting in from the outside world. Right? Well, not quite.
During this presentation we'll demonstrate a wide variety of cutting-edge web application security attack techniques and describe bestpractices for securing websites and users against these threats.
* Blind web server fingerprinting using unique URLs
* Discovery NAT'ed IP addresses with Java Applets
* Stealing web browser history with Cascading Style Sheets
* Best-practice defense measures for securing websites
* Essential habits for safe web surfing