1. Jennifer Andrea Solano Jiménez Master degree in English Didactics Language Learning Resources Universidad Surcolombiana Universidad de Caldas June 2008
2. B E H A V I O U R U N R E S P E C T A B L E F A M I L Y
3. R E S P E C T C L A S S M A T E F R I E N D S
4. STORY TALE COPY The Boys and the Frogs An Aesop’s Fable <ul><li>Some boys were playing around a pond when they spotted a group of frogs </li></ul><ul><li>hopping and swimming about in the water. The boys began to throw rocks at </li></ul><ul><li>the frogs and even competed against each other as to who could hit the most </li></ul><ul><li>frogs. Sometimes the rocks hit the frogs so hard that they died. </li></ul><ul><li>Finally one frog hopped upon one of the boys. </li></ul><ul><li>"Please stop," he pleaded, "What may seem just fun to you is death to us." </li></ul><ul><li>Since that day, those boys respect and care animal’s lives. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>
5. FLASH CARDS ABOUT RESPECT BEHAVIOURS
8. POSTER ABOUT RESPECT OURSELF
9. HOMEWORK COPY
10. TEACHER´S JOURNAL OBJECTIVE: To observe the Ethics class development and write about the impressions observed related to the categories proposed. DATE:__________________________GRADE:_________TOPIC:____________________________ TEACHER´S NAME:_________________________________________________________ FOCUS OBSERVATIONS AND IMPRESSIONS REFLECTION STUDENT’S ATTITUDES TOWARDS VISUAL MATERIAL STUDENTS ATTITUDES TOWARDS LESSON STAGES EFFECTS OF MATERIALS
11. CLASS OBSERVATION FORMAT OBJECTIVE: To identify the influence that visual materials have on the Ethics class GRADE:_______TOPIC:_____________________DATE____________________OBSERVER:____________________TEACHER´S NAME: ____________________________________________________ Tick the best option according to what you observed during the class: FOCUS ASPECTS TO OBSERVE A lot A little Nothing ADDITIONAL COMMENTS STUDENT’S ATTITUDES TOWARDS VISUAL MATERIALS They Show interest by the topic through the visual material. They found it easy to develop the activities proposed. They are motivated with the materials presentation. They used materials as a reference to talk and work in class They used the material appropriately. STUDENTS ATTITUDES TOWARDS LESSON STAGES They participate actively in the class They use English to express ideas and thoughts about the topic. They follow teacher’s instructions They work in groups or pairs if needed. EFFECTS OF MATERIALS They are enjoyable and attractive They encourage the Integration of Ethics with L2 They help to better understand better the topic. They are appropriate to student’s level and age.
12. 1. How did you feel in the class today? Happy bored unhappy Why?______________________________________________________ Color the face you consider appropriate for your answer: 2. How Did You Like The Ethics Class Today? A lot a little nothing 3. from the activities done today, which one did you like the most? Why? ________________________________________________________________
13. 4. Today you felt comfortable working: Individually in pairs in group with the whole group 5. What’s Your Opinion about the Materials Used In Class? They are… Very good not interesting Interesting 6.¿ Did you understand teacher’s explanations the whole time with the material used in class? Always sometimes never
14. 7 . How often would you like the teacher use visual materials in the classes? Always sometimes never 8. During the class today I learnt: ______________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________ THANKS !