2. Visit www.youtube.com and click “Sign in” (upper right).
3. YouTube is owned by Google, so if you have a Google account, use your credentials
to sign in; otherwise, click “Create An Account” and follow the instructions.
4. Once you’ve signed in, you will be given options to “follow” channels that might
interest you. Select some categories indicating your interests, and click “Next.”
5. Based on the categories you selected, YouTube will present some specific channels
that you may opt to follow (or not). Make your selections and click “Save.”
6. Congratulations! You’ve set up your YouTube account. You should now be
looking at your dashboard or homepage (below). Let’s walk through it.
7. In the center pane, you’ll see recent uploads from any channels you’ve
chosen to follow; if you didn’t choose any, you’ll likely see a random
selection based on popularity.
8. On the left, you’ll see your subscriptions; this panel will allow you to jump
right to them and browse through their videos.
9. On the top left, you’ll see your name, or email address. Click on that now
to customize your channel (or the public profile others will see when they
visit your channel).
10. YouTube wants to know how you’d like others to view you. Do you want to
use your name? If not, edit the setting to display the name of your choice.
11. Customize the look of your channel by adding channel art (click the blue
button to see selections), and adding a profile pic.
12. Here’s my channel. This is the home page of my channel, and you can
see my activity in the center, as well as my subscriptions on the left.
13. Here’s where you’ll see all the videos created by the person whose channel you are
viewing. This is an easy way to locate your own videos – click your name in the
upper left, then select “videos” in the middle panel.
Continue with the training
to learn about creating videos!