9. Type Subject #1 Here Type Subject #2 Here Type Subject #3 Here Type Subject #4 Here Type Subject #5 Here Type Subject #6 Here $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $ 100 $200 $300 $400 $500 Religions &Themes Global Exploration The Renaissance Feudalism to Nation-States China & Japan Reformation & Revolution
10. Buddhism did not become a major religion in India because this religion was already dominant there. *Clue- This is the oldest of the 5 main world religions.
11. What is Hinduism?
12. This religion made its way to parts of West Africa due to trans-saharan trade.
13. What is Islam?
14. This was the dominant religion of feudal Europe.
15. What is Christianity?
16. This theme would best fit the emergence of Islam in Africa.
17. What is “there have been interactions between cultures?
18. This church had political and social control over Europe during the Feudal era.
19. What is the Roman Catholic Church?
20. This group of people are Asian in origin & were known for adopting the culture of the regions they conquered.
21. Who are the Mongols?
22. During the “warring states” period of this country, firearms were introduced by the Europeans.
23. What is Japan? (during the period of feudalism)
24. This dynasty of China collapsed after the death of its 1 st emperor due to invaders conquering from the north.
25. What is the Ch’in dynasty?
26. This is the Japanese counterpart to a European Knight during the feudal era.
27. What is a samurai?
28. China adopted this political policy in the 1400’s due to their world view .
29. What is Isolationism?
30. This is the name for a region that possessed the ability to conduct overseas exploration in the 1400’s.
31. What is a power center?
32. The compass, sexton and triangular sails are all examples of this.
33. What are technological advancements? (that made overseas exploration possible)
34. Obtaining raw materials, religious zeal, scientific knowledge and political influence are all examples of this.
35. What are reasons or motives for exploration?
36. This region took the lead of overseas exploration in the 1400’s.
37. What is Europe?
38. This is the best historical theme to describe China’s policy of Isolationism.
39. What is Theme #6 (Acquisition/Loss of Power?)
40. This factor allowed Italy to serve as a trading center for Western Europe.
41. What is Italy’s geographic position in the Mediterranean Sea?
42. This word is a synonym for worldly.
43. What is secular?
44. Classical Greek and Roman culture helped to inspire this movement, which focused on human potential .
45. What is Humanism?
46. During the Middle Ages, art tended to focus on divine subjects. Define divine.
47. What is Holy or Religious?
48. This historical figure is often referred to as the ultimate Renaissance Man because he was talented in so many areas.
49. Who is Leonardo di Vinci?
50. Within this economic system peasants were given land, a home and most importantly protection in exchange for agricultural labor.
51. What is the manor system or manorialism?
52. The bubonic plague, the Renaissance & the rise of towns and merchants all have this in common.
53. What are reasons feudalism died in Europe?
54. As feudalism died out in Europe, this starts to emerge as the next powerful system of governance.
55. What are powerful nation-states? (With less control from the R.C.C.)
56. This Monarch was one of the firsts to stand up against the R.C.C. and officially broke away.
57. Who is King Henry the VIII?
58. Daily Double!!
59. This man is credited with starting the Protestant Reformation.
60. Who is Martin Luther?
61. In an attempt to reaffirm their power, the R.C.C. responded with this council.
62. What is the Council of Trent?
63. Similar to the Protestant Reformation, this event of the 1500’s greatly challenged the authority of the R.C.C.
64. What is the Scientific Revolution?
65. This was the main point of disagreement between Galileo and the R.C.C.
66. What is the heliocentric vs. the geocentric theory?
67. Galileo was forced to do this in order to avoid being tortured.
68. What is recant his scientific findings?
69. This is the commonality between Martin Luther, John Calvin & Ignacius Loyola.
70. What is the teaching that Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ?