Spring Lake Park Schools
Law that requires schools to block
sites that are:
•Harmful to minors
(for computers that are accessed
Flickr photo by enggul
• Organization controls • Learner controls
• eLearning • Community
• Classes • Playing
• Indirect and • Planned to reach
• Surfing/social media • Reading
• Observations • Coaching
The district strongly discourages
teachers from accepting invitations to
friend students within these personal
social networking sites.
Flickr photo by escapedtowisconsin
Flickr photo by stijnbokhove
Flickr photo by splorp
Time on Task
(Students & Staff)
Would you Ban the Pencil?
• A student might poke out the eye of another
• A student might write a dirty word with one.
Or even write a whole harassing note and pass
it to another student.
• One student might have a mechanical pencil
making those with wooden ones feel bad.
• Kids might be doodling instead of working on
Doug Johnson, BFTP: Rules for Pod People and
a Proposal to Ban Pencils (via Blue Skunk)