Bootstrap, a front-end development framework created by two Twitter developers, has enjoyed rapid adoption. Based on HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery, Bootstrap allows you to create responsive websites quickly, while still allowing for plenty of customization of code.
In this session, Jen Kramer will walk you through Bootstrap, including where to get it, how to integrate it into a website, and how to build your first page using Bootstrap tools and techniques.
Key learning points include:
- Understanding what Bootstrap is and why it's being adopted
- Learning how to download and install Bootstrap
- Introducing Bootstrap's responsive, fluid grid system for creating mobile-compatible layouts
- Examining some of the built-in behaviors, including collapsible navigation bars, dropdown menus, image carousels, and more
- Customizing Bootstrap
- Examples of sites built with Bootstrap
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.