Team Assignment 2
The Global Business Environment
Find out about it …
• What is the data telling
us about Chinese
business activity in
• What sort of business is
• What are the objectives?
• Make a note of all
Now you are in possession of the facts …
• Has Chinese business
activity been a good thing?
• Do both Chinese and
African countries benefit?
• What are academics and
• What is your analysis of
China’s increased activity in
India in Africa
• There is speculation that a third India-Africa
Forum Summit will take place in 2014
• While PM Manmohan Singh has pressing matters
to deal with at home, close colleagues are
pointing to the huge strides China is making, and
that India should follow suit
• He is seeking advice from some expert
international business consultants based in
Chandigarh as to what approach should be taken
at the forthcoming Summit …
Prepare a presentation for the PM
• Dr Manmohan Singh seeks diversity of opinion
and he has requested different consultancy
firms be contacted to tender for this work
• His aides have been careful, therefore, to
approach consultants who can provide critical
analysis of the various international political
economy perspectives on this question
• Prepare an engaging and informative PowerPoint
presentation for the PM and his advisors (no
more than 20 slides)
• Provide some background to the situation and
how it has evolved
• Provide a critique of China’s approach to Africa to
• Make recommendations as to how India should
engage with African countries moving forward.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.