This is to certify that the following students have
completed the project Railway Reservation System
under the guidance of
fulfillment of Minor Project as prescribed by West
Bengal University of Technology in the academic year
2013-2014 for the course Bachelor of Computer
Name of Student
College Roll No
University Roll No
1150 1211 021
1150 1211 036
1150 1211 046
We have come to know about many things while completing this
project and we are really thankful to our respected teacher Mr.
Samiran Mandal without whose guidance our project would have
been incomplete and imperfect.
We are also thankful to Mr. Suman Chakraborty (FACULTY
MEMBER, B.C.A, BPPIMT), Md. Sadiqur Rahaman (HOD,
B.C.A, BPPIMT), Mr. Partha Sen (Technical Stuff , B.C.A,
BPPIMT), who have always encouraged us to do the project and
helped us in various aspects of the project.
The project railway reservation system aims to provide
a mechanism for the railway management to deal with
number of tasks efficiently using this system
There are three basic tasks performed under this
1. RESERVATION MANAGEMENT
2. FARE MANAGEMENT
3. TIMETABLE MANAGEMENT
The objective of railway reservation system is to give
structural design to railway system
The project provides functionality and flexibility to
railway system such that one can operate that system
easily and efficiently.
This project also provides a complete set
of solutions for some common and specific area as of
work in the railways
1. Searching of the trains is so easy
2. Provides fare tables for passengers
3. Reduce the possibility to make mistake.
4. Reservation can be done very easily
PROCESSOR : Pentium IV processor or Greater
RAM : 128 Mega Byte (MB) or Greater
HARDDISK : 160 Giga Byte (GB) or Greater
Keyboard & Mouse
MONITOR : Colour (For Best Result)
Operating System : Windows 2000/ xp /7
Front-End : vb 6.0
Back-end : Ms access 2007
As a software needs to be verified as a feasible one, our
software has undergone the underlying feasibility studies
and it fulfills the demand of all the feasibility studies.
1 . Legal Feasibility : To verify whether it has any legally issues.
2. Operational Feasibility : To see how system solves the
problems, takes advantage of the opportunities and satisfies the
3. Economic Feasibility : To see the economic benefits to
the organization provided by the program.
4. Technical Feasibility : To see whether the program has
any technical fault.
We have done several Software testing to verify the quality of
• Applied Tests
1. White-Box testing : To test internal structures or workings
of the program.
2. Black-box testing : To examine functionality of the program
3. Alpha Testing : This is done by our team to test the
4. Beta Testing : An external group of people were given the
product to use, and later took their reviews.