1. Submitting Your Assignment to Turnitin SOCI 1301 Spring 2012
2. Understanding Turnitin• What is Turnitin?• Why do we use Turnitin?• How does Turnitin work? – Compares your paper to millions of sources in its repository – Results in an Originality Report with an originality percentage – You must hand in a printed copy of the Originality Report with your assignment – Submit your assignment early so Turnitin has time to compile the report (can take anywhere from 15 minutes – 2 days)
3. At this point, you maysee a progress window pop up:
4. Once your paper is successfully submitted, you will receive an email notification.
5. When youdownload theOriginalityReport as a PDFto print, it willlook like this:
6. If your Originality Report is not ready immediately, check backin 10-15 minutes (or longer!). Go back to the Turnitin folder in the Course Documents section and click on View/Complete.
7. Remember!• Submit early!• Click this icon to view the Report:• Click this icon at the bottom of the Report to download it as a PDF for printing: