2. Michigan Merit Curriculum High School Graduation Requirements <ul><li>All high school students must also participate in an online course or learning experience. </li></ul>http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mde/New_MMC_one_pager_11.15.06_183755_7.pdf
3. Michigan Merit Curriculum Guidelines Completing a meaningful online learning experience in grades 6-12 with a specific emphasis at the high school level, will allow students to become familiar with a key means of increasing their own learning skills and knowledge. It will also prepare them for the demands that they will encounter in higher education, the workplace, and in personal life-long learning.
4. Life-long Learning
5. ? ? ? ?
7. <ul><li>The renewal of a Professional Education certificate requires the completion of 6 semester hours of credit or 18 State Board-Continuing Education Units (SB-CEUs) or a combination of the two. Three SB-CEUs equals one semester hour. </li></ul><ul><li>Credit for professional development in education or a teachable subject area, may be used. The credit does not have to be in a planned program and does not have to be graduate level. </li></ul>Professional Education Certificates http://www.michigan.gov/documents/faq_21180_7.pdf
11. If our teachers are still learning in traditional ways they will continue to teach in traditional ways. Jeff Utecht “
12. When I speak to teachers these days, I don't tell them how to improve the way they teach their students. I talk to them about how they can improve the way they teach themselves. Stephen Downes