2. Describe the differences in land use between the model and those found along the transect. 4 marks Careful this is a 1:25 000 map You should be thinking of what the different above areas SHOULD look like on the map
3. Evidence of old factories and housing? Where is all the industry? Any grid iron housing? Open spaces?
4. Commuter belt/ Modern housing? Does this look like modern housing? Open space? Modern Industrial Estates?
5. Describe the differences between the two urban environments of Nunthorpe and Linthorpe/Marton Grove 5 marks What four features have been pointed out? What does this tell you about the area you are looking at? NOW DESCRIBE Remember to use phrases such as unlike, similar to…
6. Using map evidence, describe the differences between these two areas. 4 marks
7. <ul><li>Denniston has a grid iron street pattern, whereas Castlemilk has crescents </li></ul><ul><li>Denniston is near the city centre but Castlemilk is on the outskirts </li></ul><ul><li>Denniston has less open space than Castlemilk </li></ul><ul><li>The housing in Denniston is likely to be c19 or tenements, Castlemilk is likely to be modern housing with gardens </li></ul>Using map evidence, describe the differences between these two areas. 4 marks
8. Give map evidence to show that the CBD of Motherwell is in the Grid below 3 marks
9. Describe the differences between the two residential areas of Coatbridge and Sunnyside. You must refer to map evidence. 4 marks