Entities in Drupal 7 & the Entity API
by JD Leonard, Freelance Drupal Consultant & Developer at Modern Biz Consulting on Mar 11, 2013
- 6,058 views
Presentation I gave to the San Francisco Drupal Users Group (SFDUG) on March 11, 2013. ...
Presentation I gave to the San Francisco Drupal Users Group (SFDUG) on March 11, 2013.
With every major version of Drupal comes a wealth of improvements. Some of these are easily visible to site administrators and end users, while others are more "under the hood". The concept of entities, introduced in Drupal 7, is definitely an "under the hood" improvement: one that offers Drupal developers a new set of tools to build web applications more quickly and help ensure scalability and performance.
In this interactive developer-oriented talk, we'll:
- Compare data storage options in Drupal 6 to those in Drupal 7 (there are more in Drupal 7!)
- Explore what entities are and how they relate to nodes, content types, users, taxonomies, fields, bundles, and more
- Walk through defining a custom entity
- Discuss how to leverage the Entity API contrib module to take full advantage of entities including integration with Views, Rules, and more
- Look at examples of entities in action
We'll start at a high-level (suitable for site builders) and finish looking at some code examples.
There's a YouTube video of the presentation embedded as the last slide. It's also accessible at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hFrbxQTVvQ
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views