1. 1 Innovation and the rise of theSocial Consumer @JaniceDiner
2. 2Horizon has a proven track record connecting brandsto consumers in the social and emerging media space Huge Monster
3. 3The only thing consistent is change Facebook f8 - Open Graph Beta, Timeline, Ticker Facebook Platform for Mobile Facebook Credits Launch on Mobile Platform Facebook Launches Location TAB Facebook Page Insights Update eBay Partners with Facebook - x.commerce Walmart Labs Launches My Local Walmart Facebook is Testing Facebook Credits for Websites
4. 4Every industry and vertical is going tobe rethought in a social way.The real opportunity is about peopleredesigning these spaces.
5. 5Every industrywith the social is going to Marketing and vertical graphbe rethought in a social way. Engaging across all screensThe real opportunity is about peopleredesigningproducts with purpose Build these spaces. we buy
6. 6 The social consumer is a new breed of engaged and informed consumer They are researching, chatting, booking, sharing,y blogging, Facebooking, tweeting every aspect of their lives and buying experience with their friends online, on mobile devices and in multiple Social Networks
7. 7 The social consumer is a new breed of engaged and informed consumer They are researching, we talk about what we buy chatting, booking, sharing,y blogging, Facebooking, tweeting every aspect of their lives and buying before we buy while experience with their friends online, on mobile we buy after we buy devices and in multiple Social Networks
8. 8The numbers tell the story, consumers are spending a lot of time on Facebook 7,861,253 34,829,861 25,682,332 8,926,910 29,204,532 23,230,709 888,200 20,908,420 5,297,569 2,251,913 9,755,684 1,185,002 6,001,435 3,416,828 7,581,233
9. 9The numbers tell the story, consumers are spending a lot of time on Facebook 7,861,253 34,829,861 25,682,332 8,926,910 29,204,532 100 million “likes” per day for Facebook pages 250+ million people engage with Facebook on external websites monthly. 23,230,709 888,200 20,908,420 5,297,569 2,251,913 350 million users are engaging with Facebook on mobile phones 2x more active people that use Facebook on their mobile devices 9,755,684 1,185,002 6,001,435 3,416,828 7,581,233 20 million times a day (on average people on Facebook app installs
10. 10Agenda 1. Facebook Commerce 2. Facebook Platform for Mobile 3. Facebook Credits 4. Facebook Location - Places 5. f8 Facebook Open Graph Beta
11. 111. Facebook Commerce
12. F-Stores F-CommerceCommerce inside Facebook.com Facebook e-commerce Ecosphere stores where shoppers can purchase real goods with real currency without leaving Facebook Facebook Ads Facebook Credits & Sponsored The mandatory currency used Stories for games and in-app virtual goods and digital goods on Facebook Ad and Sponsored Facebook. Credits are now a Story products help drive mobile payment option for awareness, engagement and Facebook mobile web apps purchase Facebook Platform Open GraphOpen Graph Facebook Commerce Facebook Commerce Facebook Mobile Platform Social Plugins Facebook Platform for Mobile enables shoppers to engage with Facebook influenced friends and the shopping commerce on e-commerce experience through Notifications, websites with Like, Share, Requests, Timeline and News Recommend and Facebook Feed on Facebook mobile apps. Connect Facebook Facebook Places & Open Graph Beta Location Tab Define Facebook social Facebook’s Location TAB is shopping actions and objects cataloging physical location for (verbs and nouns) and share every Facebook business page. them through user’s Timeline, Retailers are integrating online News Feed and Tickers and mobile with in-store experiences © October 25th, 2011, Janice Diner www.horizon-studios.com @janicediner
13. 13 The Social Commerce market is growing Turningfast and estimated revenues are set to US “Like to Buy” $30 billion globally in the next 5 years* F-Commerce $1.2 Billion is the projected size of the US virtual goods market in 2011**
14. 14 Brands are selling direct to consumers on Facebook Heinz Soup fans send personalized ‘get-well’ cans of Heinz soup for $3.00 via a store app on the Brand’s page Euro-energy drink 28 Black sold 10,000 cans in 28 hours fromBurberry Pop-Up Fan-Store their Facebook wallA fan only Facebook store that shipsexclusive Burberry product with twosamples to share with friends
15. 15 People who click Facebook “Like’s” are more engaged, active and connected then the average Facebook user Looking at data from 12 weeks in aggregate, Eventbrite found that each social media share equates to $1.78 in ticket salesFANS CONSUME VALUE OF A INCREASED INCREASEDMORE PRODUCT SHARE REFERRAL SALESA Coca-Cola Fan consumes A share on... 40x referral trafﬁc from American Eagle added thetwo times more product than Facebook equals $2.52 Facebook for Leviʼs “Like” button to every producta non-fan and purchase intent Twitter equals $0.43 ecommerce site after on their site and found,of a fan is ten times higher linkedIn equals $0.90 implementing the Like Facebook referred visitorsthen that of a non-fan e-mail equals $2.34 spent 57% more money than button non-Facebook referred visitors* Facebook Stats
16. 162. Facebook Platform for Mobile
17. 17Facebook Platform for Mobile - Createmeaningful engagement anywhere anytime For businesses developing on Facebook Platform, the Facebook Platform for Mobile is a key technology to enable more connections anytime, anywhere. • Distribution • Engagement • Cross-platform350M+ mobile users 2x more active
18. 18Extending the Facebook platform from the PC world to mobile devicesmeans that Facebook’s members will be able to launch games or otherapplications while they are using the social network.
19. Socialize your mobile app Recommendations from friends help Facebook Likes define what users read define music content on HuffPost for AUDIOVROOMPeople share, read and generally engage morewith any type of content when it’s surfacedthrough friends & people they know and trust.
20. 20 • 53% of Facebook users play games • Facebook takes 30% on all Facebook Credit transactions within Game applications • $1.2 Billion is the projected size of the US virtual goods market in 2011*2. Facebook Credits Have Arrived on the Mobile Phone*Source: Inside Virtual Goods: The US Virtual Goods Market 2010 - 2011
21. 22Facebook Credits arrive on the Mobile PhoneYour app or game can prompt the user to payfor a virtual good by using Facebook Credits.
22. 21Facebook Credits arrive on the Mobile Phone Zynga recently reported a few key numbers. • 230 million monthly active users (across all of Zynga’s games) • 60 million users play Zynga games on a daily basis. • Zynga sells 38,000 virtual items every second. • Zynga made $575 million in revenue off the sale of virtual goods in 2010Your app or game can prompt the user to payfor a virtual good by using Facebook Credits.
23. 23 Facebook Credits as incentives for shoppers pre-paid Gift Cards that can be purchased at major retailers in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. Check-in and Use your Facebook Credits to watch a movie get Facebook creditsEarn FacebookCredits for checking-inat retail locations, atparticipating retailerslike BestBuy, Macy’s,American Eagle 30 Credits = 1 Movie = $3 40 Credits = 1 Movie = $4
24. 244. Facebook Location merging in-store, online and mobile
25. 25Location TABThe Locations TAB forFacebook Pages enablesbusiness to register everysingle brick-and-mortarlocation Seamless integration across Facebook pages and Mobile places check ins Facebook advertising targeted by zip code drives local marketing activity
26. 26Facebook Places, Check-inWalmart’s going local:Turning Facebook “Likes”into targeted local sales• Fans can connect to their local Walmart store• 3500 Walmart Superstores• 9.5 Million fans• 260 friends - Walmart fans have 2x more fans then the average users
27. 27Connect with Facebook on Ticketmaster.com while buying concert tickets and see which of their Facebook friends are and where they are sitting.It’s notjust yourlocation,whereyou sitscounts A Facebook share for a concert ticket generates an average of $5 in incremental sales
28. 285. f8 - Facebook Open Graph Beta
29. 29 Open Graph 2010 f8 Open Graph Beta “We think this is going to 100 million “likes” make it possible to build a per day for Facebook pages completely new class of 250+ million people engage with apps that wasn’t possible Facebook on external websites monthly. before,” says Zuckerberg* Facebook Stats
30. 30Open Graph Betaallows 3rd partyapplications toinclude arbitraryactions and objects.
31. 31 My Facebook InfoPermission screen to access 1. About Meyour personal Facebook Info 2. Activities 3. Birthday 4. Check-Ins 5. Education 6. Events 7. Groups 8. Hometown 9. Interests 10. Likes 11. Location 12. Notes 13. Photos 14. Photos Tags 15. relationships 16. Website 18. Work History 19. Contact Info
32. 32TripAdvisor -Instant personalizationPlan the best tripof your life withhelp from yourfriends When you visit TripAdvisor while logged into Facebook, the site will act like your “personalized travel planner, complete with friends’ reviews, a map showing places friends have visited, and a list of their most popular destinations.”
33. 33Starbucks Loyalty Cardscan be managed insideFacebook and on amobile devices1.5 Billion was loadedonto Starbuck’s loyaltycards, a 21% increasefrom previous year Purchase, loyalty and rewards managed across multiple screens Photo Credit: Starbucks Facebook page
34. 34Loyalty, Rewards & SalesAmerican Express Launches"Link, Like, Love" on Facebook --First-Ever Platform to DeliverDeals, Access and ExperiencesBased on Cardmember "Likes" andInterestsLinks consumers Facebookaccount data with their AmEx card.Exclusive coupon-less deals fromcompanies users and friend Likes.Location-based Cardmember offersin Facebook PlacesGo Social offer tool for smallbusiness participation Photo Credit: Amex Facebook page
35. 35It is not about building a a Facebook app or amobile app it’s about building social apps across allscreens.You can deliver a customized experiences, that iscatered to “me”, that is built around “my” friendsand “my” interests...The opportunity is now, the speed of change isonly increasing and there are 800+ million peopleactively waiting to be engaged and buy from you.
36. 36Every industry and vertical is going tobe rethought in a social way.The real opportunity is about peopleredesigning these spaces.
37. 37Every industrywith the social is going to Marketing and vertical graphbe rethought in a social way. Engaging across all screensThe real opportunity is about peopleredesigningproducts with purpose Build these spaces. we buy