1. 8 quesons to kickstart a project Copyright Joan Cortés 2012
2. One • What is the scenario we envision in 3 months? • And in 9 months? Deliverables expected Distance to market Decisions made People onboard …
3. Two • Who do we need in the starng team? Proﬁles needed Roles they will play Dedica@on needed from each of them The star@ng OBS (org breakdown structure) Accountability: who and to who? Names? This will be the Managing Board of the project
4. Three • What is the deal with the main organizaon? Expecta@ons from both sides Who will have a say? When? How? This will be the Execu@ve Board of the project
5. Four • What is the acvity tree? Detail all the ac@vi@es that the business will need (not the ac@on plan, but the actual opera@ng ones) Cross the team with the ac@vites to obtain a WBS, work breakdown structure.
6. Five • What resource do we need right now? Think of spaces, furniture, machines, money to spend, etc. Who will provide them and in exchange for what? Always try bootstrapping, be mean.
7. Six • What knowledge do we need to borrow? • What knowledge do we need to forget? All par@cipants need to take this into considera@on Find the right point of balance.
8. Seven • How much money do we need unl the next milestone/decision point? Expenses, investments, etc. Remember you don’t have the right to money. You must ﬁght for every cent.
9. Eight • What are the risks? Name Probability Impact if they take place Preven@on Cure How to assess them constantly