1. EFFICIENTMINE SITESOLUTIONS SUPPORTING YOUR SUCCE SS THE AIL GROUP OF COMPANIES
2. Staying competitive in today’s economic climate means building in efficiencies from the ground up. That’s why many of We offer a wide variety the world’s most successful mines have turned to innovative infrastructure solutions from the AIL Group of Companies. of efficient mine site infrastructure solutions Save time. Save money. AIL Group professionals can help you achieve maximum efficiencies and provide safe, practical to keep you competitive. work sites for your employees. By design, our custom mine site infrastructure solutions are easy to ship and install with light equipment and basic labour skill sets, making them ideal for remote locations. Plus, with over 40 years of working closely with the global mining industry, our technical sales teams and engineers are well-poised to deliver turn-key, value-engineered solutions with a difference. AIL professionals will guide you through every phase of your project – Opposite: Nammuldi Mine, Western australia. Below: Newman Hub Mine, assessment, design, specification, assembly, backfilling, testing – truly walking the talk of supporting your success. Western australia. Infrastructure solutions from the aIl Groupsupport many of the world’s most successful mines. minesitesolutions.com THE AIL GROUP OF COMPANIES
3. Heavy Haul Road Arches Portals Road or Rail Underpasses Overcasts and Conveyor Covers Stockpile and Escape Tunnels Crusher Ramps/Walls and Retaining Walls Modular Steel Bridges Drainage, Ventilation and Utilidor Systems Abutments Safety Barriers Corrugated metal structures ship and assemble easily in The right solutions for today’s mine sites. Road or Rail Underpasses SUPER•COR® Specify Super•Cor® or Bolt-A-Plate® according to the size, , BOLT-A-PLATE® specifications and load factors of your application. Both are Overcasts and Conveyor Covers BOLT-A-PLATE CORRUGATED STEEL PIPE ® lightweight and super strong, Super•Cor® is now Crusher Ramps/Walls and Retaining Walls MSE STRUCTURAL WALL SYSTEM Abutments MSE STRUCTURAL WALL SYSTEM BOLT-A-BIN® Our MSE Structural Wall Systems and Bolt-A-Bin System ® create cost-effective on-site abutments and walls. Bolt-A-Bin® aIl Group professionals can guide your teams Our products have covered a lot of ground on these critical Ideal for remote locations with available fill material, these There’s an AIL Group product for virtually every mine site bottomless, fish-friendly arches. They are easily widened virtually maintenance-free with leading design service life is a cellular bin-type of retaining wall system available in a all seasons and in remote infrastructure application. Whatever your requirements, our with added rings and their surfaces, with multiple layers of expectancies. To help keep your operation running smoothly, arterial applications since 1965. According to the required size and specifications, overcasts and conveyor covers can be made the most internationally- structures are easily created using our MSE Structural Wall Systems. Made from heavy-duty galvanized wire, these variety of bin sizes for vertical or battered applications. through every stage of the in-house engineering teams will provide solutions that ship engineered backfill just below the running surface, withstand we specialize in working with your teams to limit or eliminate locations without economically to remote sites and assemble quickly with light the wear of heavy vehicles without the costly surface and critical traffic interruption and environmental site impacts. from various shape profiles in Bolt-A-Plate® or Corrugated Steel Pipe. In some cases, overcasts can incorporate utilidor- accepted and widely-used interlocking wall and mat systems provide easy, on-site construction solutions without the need for time consuming Safety Barriers GUIDE RAIL SYSTEM GABION BASKET SYSTEM project to ensure best results. equipment, material and labour requirements. expansion joint maintenance requirements of conventional deck the need for concrete. bridges. type passages to serve double duty. deep corrugation profile concrete. These systems are also ideal for bridge or tunnel headwalls and wingwalls. According to the needs of the site and safety regulations, Stockpile and Escape Tunnels SUPER•COR ® BOLT-A-PLATE ® we can provide our galvanized Guide Rail System or a Heavy Haul Road Arches SUPER•COR® BOLT-A-PLATE® Drainage, Ventilation and Utilidor Systems on the market. convenient Gabion Basket System. Another ideal application for our deep-corrugated Super•Cor® We’re big on heavy haul road arches. Very big. We’ve even Portals SUPER•COR® BOLT-A-PLATE® CORRUGATED STEEL PIPE Modular Steel Bridges BIG R MODULAR STEEL BRIDGES or our Bolt-A-Plate® structural plate products is the stockpile created the world’s largest! With its light weight and superior We know all of the ins and outs of these critical structure tunnel. Depending on the planned pile height and dead We offer a full range of galvanized, aluminized or polymer Fast and easy, our Big R Modular Steel Bridges come in a Geotextiles strength, our patented Super•Cor® premium, hot-dip-galvanized, requirements. Specify Super•Cor® for larger scale applications load, both offer excellent strength and cost saving over other laminated Corrugated Steel Pipe for virtually any drainage, variety of widths and spans to handle heavy mining vehicles. We offer a comprehensive line of Geotextiles including woven deep-corrugated, structural steel plate is a natural for larger and Bolt-A-Plate® for mid-size ones. Both offer a wide variety methods. A range of reinforcing rib options extend the capacity ventilation or utilidor requirement. In addition, we can These bridges ship and install quickly in remote sites without and non-woven fabrics for soil stabilization and reinforcement, engineered structures needing to withstand the heaviest of of shapes and sizes to suit virtually any site or mine vehicle of each plate product. Your AIL Group technical representative supply all of the necessary elbows, couplings and access port the need for specialized bridge construction companies. We erosion control, drainage, filtration, separation and other needs. loads. Our Bolt-A-Plate® standard, hot-dipped galvanized steel requirement. Many different shapes and sizes are available and our engineering teams can help you determine the best accessories. Our Corrugated Steel Pipe will not crack under also make a utility truss bridge to carry conveyors or large pipes structural plate is usually specified for medium-sized structures. for virtually any application. Your AIL Group technical corrugation profile and tunnel size or shape for your particular impact loads or vibrations due to the inherent strength of steel across rivers or roads. Both are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes, including representative can help you select the best solution for your needs. application. Similarly, escape tunnels can be made from either and the flexibility of the corrugated pipe section. product according to their individual site requirements. Taking a cautious approach. Making it good for the long haul. Going to the wall for the bottom line. Safety above all else was the directive from Canada’s Galore Creek Mine officials. Canada’s Cheviot Creek Mine needed a heavy haul road to cross the pristine waters The operators of the lac des Iles Mine, in Ontario, Canada, moved to our black steel Choosing Super•Cor® for rockfall/avalanche canopies was another safe decision of Whitehorse Creek with limited impact on the environment and the budget. We MSE Structural Wall Systems to get more for less, without compromising quality in to protect workers, equipment and the bottom line. This location was so supplied heavy-duty, long-lasting Super•Cor® in the world’s largest corrugated arch. this short design service life application. remote that components and equipment had to be air-lifted in by helicopter. Beating a budget in decline. Retaining expertise as needed. When Western australia’s argyle Diamond Mine was faced with critical budgetary Outsourcing can unearth the best talent at the best cost. Technical Representatives constraints, our Super•Cor® galvanized structural plate was the clear choice for its from the aIl Group offer professional engineering expertise in many areas, as was decline tunnel canopy. the case when aIl Group professionals added on-site guidance for this Modular Steel Bridge with Bolt-a-Bin® abutments in Ontario, Canada.
4. Improving your outlook.Specifying Bolt-a-Plate® structural steel platehas helped the Goonyella Riverside Mine in a solution for virtually every application. Your global portal to mine site solutions.australia’s Central Queensland improve itsfinancial outlook for many years. With locations and professional representation around the world, members of The aIl Group of Companies Application Product Details are well poised to save you time and money with innovative mine site infrastructure solutions. Heavy Haul Road arches Super•Cor® Premium, hot-dipped, galvanized-steel, deep-corrugated, structural plate for larger Our versatile products Stockpile and Escape Tunnels Road or Rail Underpasses applications, including box culverts Spans can exceed 25 m (82) with reinforcement options Corrugation profile of 381 mm (15") pitch x 140 mm (5 ½") depth available in: minesitesolutions.com Portals and Canopies Standard, low, Medium, or High Profile arches; Box Culverts; Rounds, and; Ellipses are available in many Storage Structures different configurations Heavy Haul Road arches Bolt-A-Plate® Industry-standard, hot-dipped galvanized-steel, corrugated, structural plate for medium Stockpile and Escape Tunnels and small applications Spans of 1.5 m (5) to 12 m (40) Corrugation profile of 152 mm Road or Rail Underpasses (6") pitch x 51 mm (2") depth largest range of shapes: Standard, low, or High Profile but can also be tailored Portals and Canopies arches; Rounds; Horizontal or Vertical Ellipses; Pipe arches, and; Pear Shaped Underpasses Storage Structures to your site requirements. Conveyor Covers and Overcasts Utilidor Systems Conveyor Covers and Overcasts Corrugated Steel Pipe available in a variety of sizes, corrugation profiles and thicknesses to suit virtually any Drainage Systems application Coatings include: Galvanized (up to 50 years); aluminized Type 2 (up to 75 Ventilation Systems years), or; Polymer laminated (up to 100 years) Complete line of standard and specialized Utilidor Systems fittings and accessories Crusher Ramps/Walls MSE Structural Walls Heavy-duty, black or galvanized, steel wire interlocking wall and mat construction Wall Retaining Walls heights can exceed 30 m (100) Height increments are 610 mm (2) Headwalls and Wingwalls adapts to curves, angles and steps Vertical or battered applications Bridge abutments aIl International Crusher Ramps/Walls Bolt-A-Bin® Cellular bin-type retaining wall or abutment system Galvanized and aluminized Type 2 atlantic Industries limited Retaining Walls steel construction Size range of 1.2 m (4) to 8.5 m (28) in height, in 3 m (9.8) increments Headwalls and Wingwalls Big R Bridge in length Vertical or battered applications Bridge abutments atlantic Civil Products T&B Structural Systems Stockpiling on success. Stream Crossings Big R Modular Steel Bridges Heavy duty loading Variety of deck options Weathering steel structurals Bearing Road or Rail Overpasses plates and pads Curb or rail system 2.44 m (8) wide modules are standard Spans ofWith over 40 years of proven success with Detour Bridges 4.9 m (16) to 45.7 m (150) Easy to ship and install Excellent fish passage solutionsthe mining industry and our rugged Bolt-a-Plate®galvanized steel structural plate, The aIl Groupclearly offered the support needed for thelisbon Valley Copper Mine’s stockpile tunnels Safety Barriers Gabion Baskets Strong and lightweight galvanized steel mesh 83 mm (3.3") that holds face alignment Steepened Slopes with machine filling Pre-assembled units fastened with galvanized steel spiralsin Utah, USa. Erosion Control No field flattening, folding, or bending Standard units of up to 6 m (19.7) x 2 m (6.6) x 1 m (3.3) can be field cut without losing strength Keeping it simple.aIl products are relatively simple to assemblewith light equipment needs and basic labour Safety Barriers Guide Rail Systems Durable, lightweight galvanized steel construction Highly visible barrier protection THE AIL GROUP OF COMPANIES ail.ca bigrbridge.com www.atlanticcivil.com.au tbssus.com Easy to installskillsets, helping you keep infrastructure Toll Free in North America 1-877-245-7473 Toll Free in North America 1-800-234-0734 Toll Free in Australia 1-800-99-77-54 Toll Free in North America 1-888-280-9858 The AIL Group of Companies, based in Dorchester, International 00-1-506-379-9258 International 00-1-970-356-9600 International 61-07-4789-6700 International 00-1-817-507-0200costs down. Jimblebar Mine, Western australia. New Brunswick, Canada, has been providing innovative Based in Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada, Based in Greeley, Colorado, USA, Big R Bridge Based in Townsville, Queensland, with fixed and Based in Fort Worth, Texas, USA, T&B Structural and cost-effective solutions in corrugated metal, bridges, with plants and distribution centres across Canada, provides engineered solutions in modular steel mobile manufacturing facilities across Australia, Systems provides engineered embankment Conveying confidence. Silt Fencing Geotextiles Woven and non-woven fabrics and retaining walls since 1965. Atlantic Industries Limited provides engineered bridges, corrugated steel pipe, corrugated Atlantic Civil Products provides engineered retention with MSE retaining walls (also known asOur experience with dozens of similar applications, solutions in corrugated steel pipe, corrugated structural plate and MSE retaining walls. solutions in corrugated steel pipe, corrugated wire walls, wire-faced walls, welded wire walls, Erosion Control Soil stabilization and reinforcement structural plate, MSE retaining walls, and structural plate, MSE retaining walls, and steel or reinforced earth walls) in a variety of facinggave the decision makers at Sonoma Coal Mine Environmental Protection modular steel bridges. girder bridges. and soil reinforcing options.in australia’s Central Queensland the confidenceto have us design and supply the cover system for AIL International licencees are strategically located to extend our global product offering and service delivery with professional sales service and engineering support.this conveyor line.
5. Printed in Canada 02/2009minesitesolutions.com THE AIL GROUP OF COMPANIES