The Social OPAC
John Blyberg, Darien Library, CT
Why a Social OPAC?
• Community footprint
• Adds value to existing record data
• Attracts users
• Improves the library experience (fun??)
The Network Effect
(Dion Hinchcliffe, web2.wsj2.com)
The Three Social
• Authority presented as collaborative (ie
• Syndicated Social
• User-indirect, Third-party data (ie
• Individually Social
• User-direct (ie Hennepin, SOPAC, XC)
What is a Social OPAC?
• Web 2.0-like social software layer over
the existing catalog
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.