SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE CRAFT BREWS            Jonathan Bailey
ABOUT MEBorn and Raised
I WORK AT THE NUGGET
AS A BELLMAN
I ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA RENO.Started my education in 2007
I STUDIED ABROAD IN PRAGUE
AND IN BILBAO
BUT DID MOSTLY THIS
WHILE I TRAVELED EUROPE
AND NOW ITS TIME TO GRADUATE
AND FIND A REAL JOB
ONE THING I HAVE TAKEN FROM MY YEARS ATCOLLEGE AND TRAVELING IS
THAT MAJOR AMERICAN BEER COMPANIES AREAWFUL!
MICRO BREWS AND CRAFT BEERS ARESTARTING TO RISE IN AMERICA.
RIGHT NOW THREE MAJOR COMPANIES OWN MORE THAN 90% OF THE BEER      MARKET. (BUDWEISER, COORS, AND MILLER)The remaining 10%...
Budweiser spends around $134 million dollars on advertising per year.  HOW CAN THESE SMALL TIME BREWERIES COMPETE WITH THE...
THE ANSWER IS E-MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
WITH THE THREE MAJOR COMPANIES FOCUSING ON TV ADS, THEY HAVESTARTED TO SLEEP ON E-MARKETING. OUT OF THE $134 MILLION DOLLA...
WHY SOCIAL MEDIA IS                                               THE BEST MARKETING                                      ...
CRAFT BREWERIES FOCUS MORE TIME AND EFFORT TOWARDS SOCIAL MEDIA.THEY UNDERSTAND THE EFFECT IT HAS ON BUILDING BRAND AWAREN...
FACEBOOK AND TWITTER     • Constant updates     • Interactive     • Get back to customers     • Ask for opinions/ ideas   ...
FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ARE GREAT MARKETING TECHNIQUES FOR CRAFTBREWERIES BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP, CAN REACH A BIG MARKET AND TAR...
REINVENTING YOU TUBEThey have used You Tube to createideas about each beer they make andtell the customers about the beer....
QUICK SIP CLIPS WITH DOGFISH HEAD
THE BIG THREE CANT REALLY COMPETE AT THIS PERSONAL LEVELTHAT THE CRAFT BREWERIES ARE ESTABLISHING WITH YOU TUBE.          ...
NEW USES OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR CRAFT BREWERIESQR CODESWhen scanned the You Tube videos of the beer will play on customers ph...
UNTAPPEDNew location based socialmedia site for beer drinkers.Allows users to check in at barsand share what they are drin...
CRAFT BREWERIES ARE BECOME MORE                       POPULAR IN THE AMERICAN CULTURE.People arestarting to get sickof tas...
WITH SOCIAL MEDIA CRAFTBREWERIES ARE ABLE TO COMPETEWITH THE BIG THREE. THEY ARE ABLETO CONNECT WITH PEOPLE INUNUSUAL AND ...
CHEERS!
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Social Media for The Craft Beers

1,230

Published on

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
1,230
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
5
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
29
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Social Media for The Craft Beers

  1. 1. SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE CRAFT BREWS Jonathan Bailey
  2. 2. ABOUT MEBorn and Raised
  3. 3. I WORK AT THE NUGGET
  4. 4. AS A BELLMAN
  5. 5. I ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA RENO.Started my education in 2007
  6. 6. I STUDIED ABROAD IN PRAGUE
  7. 7. AND IN BILBAO
  8. 8. BUT DID MOSTLY THIS
  9. 9. WHILE I TRAVELED EUROPE
  10. 10. AND NOW ITS TIME TO GRADUATE
  11. 11. AND FIND A REAL JOB
  12. 12. ONE THING I HAVE TAKEN FROM MY YEARS ATCOLLEGE AND TRAVELING IS
  13. 13. THAT MAJOR AMERICAN BEER COMPANIES AREAWFUL!
  14. 14. MICRO BREWS AND CRAFT BEERS ARESTARTING TO RISE IN AMERICA.
  15. 15. RIGHT NOW THREE MAJOR COMPANIES OWN MORE THAN 90% OF THE BEER MARKET. (BUDWEISER, COORS, AND MILLER)The remaining 10% is shared between around 800 microbrewsand craft breweries across the nation.
  16. 16. Budweiser spends around $134 million dollars on advertising per year. HOW CAN THESE SMALL TIME BREWERIES COMPETE WITH THESE BIG TIME COMPANIES?
  17. 17. THE ANSWER IS E-MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
  18. 18. WITH THE THREE MAJOR COMPANIES FOCUSING ON TV ADS, THEY HAVESTARTED TO SLEEP ON E-MARKETING. OUT OF THE $134 MILLION DOLLARSBUDWEISER SPENDS ON MARKETING, ONLY $3.9 MILLION WAS SPENT ONLINE.
  19. 19. WHY SOCIAL MEDIA IS THE BEST MARKETING TECHNIQUE FOR CRAFT BREWERIES:• Cheap• Lack of presence by the big three• More personal connection• Better and faster feedback• More interaction• Creative ideas and customer contribution• Younger target market
  20. 20. CRAFT BREWERIES FOCUS MORE TIME AND EFFORT TOWARDS SOCIAL MEDIA.THEY UNDERSTAND THE EFFECT IT HAS ON BUILDING BRAND AWARENESS.SOME OF THE THINGS THEY ARE DOING THAT SETS THEM APART ARE:
  21. 21. FACEBOOK AND TWITTER • Constant updates • Interactive • Get back to customers • Ask for opinions/ ideas • Create a community for like people • Give target market news, reviews, promotions, and events.
  22. 22. FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ARE GREAT MARKETING TECHNIQUES FOR CRAFTBREWERIES BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP, CAN REACH A BIG MARKET AND TARGETMARKET, AND CREATES A MORE PERSONAL CONNECTION WITH CUSTOMERS
  23. 23. REINVENTING YOU TUBEThey have used You Tube to createideas about each beer they make andtell the customers about the beer. This allows customers to see what it looks like, learn about the story behind the beer, what ingredients were used, what you are supposed to taste, and a review of the beer. This is a great way for people to find out a little about a beer before they buy one.
  24. 24. QUICK SIP CLIPS WITH DOGFISH HEAD
  25. 25. THE BIG THREE CANT REALLY COMPETE AT THIS PERSONAL LEVELTHAT THE CRAFT BREWERIES ARE ESTABLISHING WITH YOU TUBE. You Tube has created a way for craft breweries to really connect with people and show them that they want you to enjoy the beer that they put so much time and effort into.
  26. 26. NEW USES OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR CRAFT BREWERIESQR CODESWhen scanned the You Tube videos of the beer will play on customers phone
  27. 27. UNTAPPEDNew location based socialmedia site for beer drinkers.Allows users to check in at barsand share what they are drinking.Allows other users to find placesthat serve special beers that theyare looking for.
  28. 28. CRAFT BREWERIES ARE BECOME MORE POPULAR IN THE AMERICAN CULTURE.People arestarting to get sickof tasteless beers Craft breweries areand corporations. utilizing social media to connect with customers. This is allowing them to differentiate themselves and show that they care about the customers as much as they care about the beer they make.
  29. 29. WITH SOCIAL MEDIA CRAFTBREWERIES ARE ABLE TO COMPETEWITH THE BIG THREE. THEY ARE ABLETO CONNECT WITH PEOPLE INUNUSUAL AND NEW WAYS THAT THETRADITIONALIST DON’T WANT TO USE. These new techniques targets the exact people they want to reach. People who are bored of old ways and want to try something new and exciting. Social media is the perfect platform for craft brews and it will be changing just like the beers.
  30. 30. CHEERS!
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×