Computers in the classroom enable students to work with information and to communicate with others.
Through computers, students can experience the real world. For example, meeting the author or visiting the setting of a novel.
Using the Internet, students can collaborate on lessons, post ideas on a topic, and read and respond to the notes of others.
PowerPoint is a very useful tool in the middle school classroom for creating excitement, interest, and motivation in learning.
Very helpful with student research projects, as it encourages students to be creative and have fun sharing their information with the class.
Have your students do a PowerPoint presentation including bulleted information and images as well as Internet links to helpful websites.
1. Media includes everything from TV, Film, & Radio, to computers and internet.
2. Multimedia on the other hand, concentrates more on IT, computers, & image. It concentrates on making imagery 2D or 3D.
BY Ms. Jazmin
How to Teach High School Students to use the Internet.
Teaching high school student about the internet can very well be in a some what challenge. Many students today only use the internet for gaming and social networking use. But they do not possess a strong foundation in internet research skills. At the very most, students may lack internet access due to socioeconomic reasons and therefore not able to get the opportunity to learn how to use it.
What should students know about the computer?
Identify basic computer hardware
Be aware of internet ethics and etiquette.
Identify keywords and evaluate websites.
In conclusion will help them become successful internet users.
Lesson 1: What is a search engine and how do I use one for research?
Internet : A worldwide system of interconnected networks allowing for data transmission among millions of computers
Internet Search Engine: a computer program that indexes and retrieves documents or files from the internet according to queries from users
Query : a request made to an internet search engine
Keyword Search : A search for documents containing one or more words specified by a user in a search engine text box
Boolean Search: A search that uses the words AND, OR, and NOT along with keywords to focus a search
Try these searches:
Assume you are doing a research paper on the topic of "blue whales."
1. Use Google. Type into the search box: facts about blue whales. Look at the top ten results.
2. Use Excite.com . Type into the search box: blue whales. Look at the top ten results. Next click on "advanced search" just above the search box. In the "exact phrase" box, type: blue whales. In the "none of these words" box, type: shop buy. In the language box, select English. Click the search button and compare the results with those you got earlier.
3. Use Bing.com. Type into the search box: blue whales. Look at the top ten results.