2. Name one eight letter word that has kst in the middle, in thebeginning, and at the end.The eight letter word is INKSTAND. IN is at the beginning,KST is in the middle, and AND is at the end.
3. Charlie went for a walk without an umbrella. He did not weara hat and he did not take refuge under a shelter; yet, not onehair on his head got wet. How is this possible? It is not raining.
4. If boiling water is poured into a thick drinking glass as well asa very thin wine glass, of the two, which is more likely to crackand why? The thick glass is more likely to crack since glass is a poor conductor of heat. In a thin glass, the heat passes more quickly from the glass into the surrounding air, causing the glass to expand equally. When hot water is poured into a thick glass, the inner surface expands but the out surface does not. This extreme difference caused the glass to crack.
5. Steve drove into Speedy’s Service Station to fill up his gastank. “Fill it up please,” said Steve. “This may sound strange,”Speedy said, “but I’d rather fill two cars from out of town thanone car from this town.” Steve looked across the small townand replied, “I know just what you mean.”Why would the owner feel this way?Speedy would rather fill up two cars from anywhere than onecar from town because he would make twice the amount ofmoney.
6. What word from group B belongs to group A and why?A) FRONT, SKI, MELON, FALLB) ROAD, TIRE, TOWER, CLIFF Tower belong with group A. All words in group A can be preceded by the word WATER.
7. Duncan thought it might be nice to build a deck so he went tothe library to find a book on carpentry. While walking alongthe rows of books, he sees one with VOLIX written on itsspine. How should the title of this book be pronounced? It should be pronounced “Volume Nine”
8. Clara purchased a new parrot. The salesman assured her that itwould repeat any word it heard. About a week later, Clarareturned the parrot complaining it had not uttered a single word.Given the salesman had spoken the truth about the parrot’sabilities, why wouldn’t the bird talk? The parrot is deaf.
9. Something extraordinarily unusual happened on the 6th ofMay, 1978 at 12:34 p.m. What was it?At that moment, the time and date could be written as: 12:34, 5/6/78
10. What is at the beginning of eternity, the end of time,the beginning of every end and the end of every place? The letter E
11. Duke worked for a packaging company. One day Duke receivedfour separate orders and accidentally mixed up the addresses, so heapplied the labels at random. What is the probability that exactlythree packages were correctly labeled? The probability is zero. If three packages are correctly labeled, so is the fourth.
12. Walt was washing windows on a high-rise office building whenhe slipped and fell off a sixty foot ladder onto the concrete sidewalkbelow. Incredibly, he did not injure himself in any way. How isthis possible? Walt was standing on the bottom rung of the ladder.