1. Sample Student Resume
This sample student resume will give you a quickstart on building an effective and
optimized resume for your job application. Visitors can feel free to customize and edit
our sample student resume as per their requirement for job application. We hope that our
sample student resume will go a long way in portraying your abilities and skillsets
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
J.D. Degree (Or Juris Doctor Degree–never Juris Doctorate) anticipated or expected May,
2006, West Virginia University
College of Law, Morgantown, WV.
GPA 2.9/4.3 Class Rank: 45/160. Top one/third.
B.S. in Civil Engineering, summa cum laude, May 2003, West Virginia University
College of Engineering, Morgantown, WV
GPA 3.98/4.0. Class Rank: Second in class of 500.
Summer Associate, Dewey Cheatham And Howe, Pittsburgh, PA. May- August 2005
Rotated between Real Estate and Corporate Departments. Research and drafted
memoranda in areas of antitrust and trade regulation, electronic commerce, and land use
Volunteer Legal Clerk, Hometown Legal Firm, Anywhere USA May-August 2004
Researched property records at courthouse and prepared memoranda for attorneys;
delivered and picked up various legal documents as assigned. Helped with document
Student Intern, WVU College of Engineering, Morgantown, WV. June 2002-May 2003
Performed legal research and analysis to assess the statutory, regulatory and case law
ramifications of innovative underground storage tank remedial technology.
Summer Worker, 1999-2003.
2. Various jobs to provide part of educational experiences including: Laborer Convex Eagle
Glass, Clarksburg, WV. Counter person, Wendy’s International, Morgantown.
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
WVU College of Law
Student Member, American Bar Association; Member, Patent Law Student Association;
Member, Volunteer Law Clerks, student organization which researches legal questions
assigned by WV Circuit Judges; Member, International Law Society; Phi Alpha Delta,
International Legal Fraternity.
West Virginia University
Member, Mountain Honorary, highest honor society for WVU undergraduate students;
Mortar Board National Honor Society; Captain, (two years) Varsity Tennis Team.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Fluent in spoken and written German, reading knowledge of Spanish and French. Certified
in LEXIS and West Law. Excellent ability in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, GroupWise
and Quicken. Captain, tennis team, 4 years undergraduate.
3. Sample Entry Level Information Technology Resume
This sample entry level information technology resume will give you a quickstart on
building an effective and optimized resume for yourjob application . Visitors can feel free
to customize and edit our sample entry level information technology resume as per their
requirement forjob application . We hope that our sample entry level information
technology resume will go a long way in portraying your abilities and skillsets efficiently.
1234, West 67 Street,
Carlisle, MA 01741,
Summary of Qualifications
• Outstanding academic record. Achieved Dean's list for 15/16 semesters and GPA of
• Three years of experience as help desk technician and web developer.
• Proficiency in various programs, operating systems and applications.
• Expert at finding and resolving malfunctions, using exceptional technical and
communication skills to ensure minimization of downtime and optimal computer
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
BS in Computer Science, 5/2003
Servlet, HTML, Java Server pages, JBuilder, XML, PHP, Apache.
• Software Applications: Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point),
Macromedia Homesuite, Adobe Photoshop, FrontPage/Dreamweaver, macromedia
• Database Management: Database SQL command, MySQL.
• Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Windows XP professional, UNIX.
Promega Corporation, Las Vegas, NV
Web Developer (9/2004 - Present)
• Helped in the re-launching and redesigning of company's web site that resulted in
increased online sales by 15% and improved navigation.
4. • Responsible for implementation of programs and build databases that let the users
to register unique names and passwords.
• Help in implementation, creation and management of multiple applications for back
end and web site. Back end include Flash slide shows, newsletter, and RSS.
• Web site updating and editing using several languages such as XML, HTML, and
SfGate Entertainment, Las Vegas, NV
Web Developer/Help Desk Technician (5/2003-9/2004)
• Primarily recruited to help, help desk. Assured software and hardware were
installed and operated at peak efficiency.
• Accountable for long-term and day-to-day maintenance and technical support of
site including suggestion solutions and analyzing requirements to meet user needs.
• Offered support for 10 users. Helped with migration from PC to Mac environment.
When you are writing technology resume, the professional objective or objective section
should be there in your resume. Here are some tips for writing good objective for your
First of all the objective statement usually comes under your contact detail in the top
section of your resume.
The objective statement for your technology resume should give the prospective
employer a clear cut idea of the kind of position you are seeking for. As well as the
objective should clearly and quickly summarize the key skills you possess for that
Also ensure that while applying for the different technology job positions you are
rewriting the objective statement so it tailored for every particular positions.
Make sure that the remaining part of your resume back ups what you have said in your
objective statement. If you have written an objective statement like "Become a
Technology Manager" - the rest ofyour resume better back up that objective.
Technology resume objective statement must be sweet, short and specific. Below are
Here is the example of a resume objective:
5. Seeking for an entry level position in the technology field that provide me an opportunity
to contribute my educational skills, background, and abilities for the advancement of
Another example of objective,
To obtain a position in a leading information technology group that utilizes my skills as
consistent troubleshooter with great attention to detail.
While writing an objective statement in your resume, make use of few trigger words
about your personality traits. Below are some examples of trigger words.
• Team worker • Dedicated • Methodical
• Motivated • Straightforward • Articulate
• Thorough • Resourceful • Diplomatic
• Leader • Practical • Precise
• Dependable • Assertive • Conscientious
• Persistent • Self-directed • Mediator
• Flexible • Collaborative • Goal-oriented
• Reliable • Enthusiastic • Independent