By Jerome Purificacion 8-17
- They were built between the the times of the old kingdom and middle kingdom times
- This was roughly between 3000 BC and 1800 BC
- Most pyramids took 27 years to buiild
- Egyptians pyramids were thought to have represent primordial mound where Egyptians thought the Earth was created from.
- The shape is also to represent the rays of sun.
- Most pyramids were polished with limestone to give them a reflective appearance when seen far away
- The pyramids were tombs for the dead pharaohs, but not for all pharaohs some were built in large tombs
Inside the Pyramids
- There are lots of things inside the pyramids
- The is the king’s chambers, the queens chamber, grand gallery, air shafts and the underground chambers.
- The grand gallery is a place in the pyramid where you can go up and proceed to the king’s chamber or go down to the queen’s chamber.
- It also has the king’s esophagus
- Shafts were thought to believed to let in air to the king’s chamber
- They also go upward so it was believed that the pharaoh’s soul could and live eternally
- There are about over 100 known pyramids in Egypt today.
- But there are 3 famous pyramids in Egypt in the Giza plains
- The most known of these pyramids is the great pyramids built for pharaoh Khufu. It is the largest and most famous pyramids of all time
The Great Pyramid
- This pyramid was and still is the largest pyramid in Ancient Egypt.
- The pyramid was built as a tomb for the great Pharaoh Khufu even though he was never actually buried in it .
- Scientist today still wonder how the Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids. They have come up with many methods.
- The agreed on that the construction technique devolved over time.
- The early pyramids were built differently from the older ones.