2. All of February, its Academy Award winning Best Pictures at 9 PM
3. Directed by Jonathan Demme Starring Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn, and Ted Levine .Based on the novel of the same name by Thomas Harris. One of only three films (the others being It Happened One Night (1934) and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)) to win the top five Oscars - Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Picture and Best Screenplay (Adapted ). The Silence of the Lambs 1-Feb @ 9 PM : Trivia : Almost all the scenes in Hannibal's original cell have either a reflection of Hannibal or Clarice, depending on the camera's point of view.
4. 1992 American Western film produced and directed by Clint Eastwood starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman Only the third western to ever win the Best Picture Oscar. The other two being Dances with Wolves (1990) and Cimarron (1931), the film won four Academy Awards including Best Actor in a Supporting Role , Best Director, Best Film Editing and Best Film Unforgiven 2-Feb @ 9 PM
5. Schindler's List 3-Feb @ 9 PM Recipient of seven Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Score, as well as numerous other awards (7 BAFTA’s, 3 Golden Globes) Directed by Steven Spielberg and based on the novel Schindler's Ark by Thomas Keneally. It stars Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Ben Kingsley 1993 American biographical drama film about Oskar Schindler, a German businessman who saved the lives of more than a thousand Polish-Jewish refugees during the Holocaust by employing them in his factories
6. A 1990 epic Western film based on the book of the same name which tells the story of a Civil War-era United States Army lieutenant who travels to the American frontier to find a military post, and his dealings with a group of Sioux Indians. Directed by Kevin Costner, starring Kevin Costner, Mary McDonnell won; the Film received 7 Academy Awards including Best Picture and the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Dra ma Dances with Wolves 4-Feb @ 9 PM
7. 1994 American comedy-drama film based on the novel of the same name, Directed by Robert Zemeckis, starring Tom Hanks , Robin Wright and Gary Sinise. The 7 Academy Award-winning film depicts the life of Forrest Gump, who travels across the world, sometimes meeting historical figures, influencing popular culture, and experiencing firsthand historic events of the late 20th century Forrest Gump 5-Feb @ 9 PM
8. A 1995 epic historical drama film Directed by and Starring Mel Gibson. The film portrays Sir William Wallace, a 13th century Scottish knight who opposed King Edward I of England Braveheart 6-Feb @ 9 PM
9. A romantic drama film based on the novel of the same name , rooted during World War II . Directed by Anthony Minghella , Starring Ralph Fiennes, Kristin Scott Thomas, Juliette Binoche The film, won nine Academy Awards including Best Picture The English Patient 7-Feb @ 9 PM
10. A fictionalized account of the sinking of the Titanic in 1912. The epic romance and disaster film was Directed by James Cameron, stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet . The movie received 11 Academy Awards Titanic 8-Feb @ 9 PM
11. A comedy film Directed by Woody Allen, Co-starring Diane Keaton. One of Woody Allen's most popular films, it won four Academy Awards Annie Hall 9-Feb @ 9 PM
12. American Beauty 10-Feb @ 9 PM A drama film directed by Sam Mendes . Starring Kevin Spacey, Annette Bening, Mena Suvari, Thora Birch, Chris Cooper It’s a satire of American middle class notions of beauty and personal satisfaction. The Director called American Beauty a rites of passage film about imprisonment and escape f rom imprisonment.
13. Gladiator 11-Feb @ 9 PM A historical epic directed by Ridley Scott starring Russell Crowe , Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, Oliver Reed, Richard Harris The Film won 5 Academy Awards
14. A Beautiful Mind 12-Feb @ 9 PM The 4-Academy Award wining film is based on the life of John Forbes Nash, Jr., a Nobel Laureate in Economics. Directed by Ron Howard .Starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ed Harris, Christopher Plummer
15. Chicago 13-Feb @ 9 PM A musical film adapted from the satirical stage musical of the same name exploring the themes of celebrity, scandal, and corruption in Jazz age Chicago Directed by Rob Marshall , starring Renée Zellweger, Richard Gere,Catherine Zeta-Jones, Queen Latifah The film was the first musical to win Best Picture since Oliver! in 1969. Plot: Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart two criminals-of-passion who find themselves awaiting their trials for murder in 1920s Chicago , fight for the fame as showgirls , that will keep them from the gallows.
16. Shakespeare in Love 14-Feb @ 9 PM A romantic comedy film Directed by John Madden. Starring Gwyneth Paltrow,Joseph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Ben Affleck, Judi Dench The film purports to portray playwright William Shakespeare's involvement in a love affair at the time that he was writing the play Romeo and Juliet The film won seven Academy Awards. It was the first comedy film to win the Best Picture award since Annie Hall (1977).
17. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 15-Feb @ 9 PM A epic fantasy-adventure film directed by Peter Jackson , based on the second and third volumes of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings. It is the concluding film in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, following The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers It won all eleven Academy Awards for which it was nominated It also won the Academy Award for Best Picture, the only time a fantasy film has done so.
18. Million Dollar Baby 16-Feb @ 9 PM A sports drama film directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman. The film won four Academy Awards. The story of a boxing trainer, his elusive past, and his quest for atonement by helping an underdog amateur female boxer achieve her dream of becoming a professional.
19. Rocky 17-Feb @ 9 PM A sports drama film, Directed by John G. Avildsen Starring Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young, Burgess Meredith, Carl Weathers. The film was awarded 3 Academy Awards A rags to riches story of Rocky Balboa who starts out as a club fighter & then gets a shot at the World Heavyweight boxing championship
20. The Godfather 18-Feb @ 9 PM A mob-drama film based on the novel of the same name by Mario Puzo and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Starring Marlon Brando, Al Pacino James Caan, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton The film is greatly respected among international critics and the public and is routinely listed as one of the greatest films ever made . Previous gangster movies had looked at the gangs from the perspective of an outraged outsider. In contrast, The Godfather presents the gangster's perspective of the Mafia as a response to corrupt society.
21. Driving Miss Daisy 19-Feb @ 9 PM A comedy-drama film, Directed by Bruce Beresford with Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy. The story defines Miss Daisy and her point of view through a network of relationships and emotions by focusing on her home life, friends, family, fears, and concerns .
22. Rainman 20-Feb @ 9 PM A comedy-drama film Directed by Barry Levinson. Starring Dustin Hoffman & Tom Cruise. The story of an abrasive and selfish yuppie, who discovers that his estranged father has died and bequeathed all of his multi-million-dollar estate to his other son, a man with autism.
23. The Last Emperor 21-Feb @ 9 PM A biopic about the life of Puyi, the last Emperor of China, Directed by Bernardo Bertolucci Starring John Lone, Joan Chen ,Peter O’Toole Puyi's life is depicted from his ascent to the throne as a small boy to his imprisonment and political rehabilitation by the Chinese Communist authorities. It was the first feature film for which the producers were authorized by the Chinese government to film in the Forbidden City in Beijing
24. Platoon 22-Feb @ 9 PM An American war film about combat duty in Vietnam, Directed by Oliver Stone Starring Tom Berenger, Willem Dafoe and Charlie Sheen
25. Out of Africa 23-Feb @ 9 PM An adventure drama film , Directed by Sydney Pollack Starring Robert Redford and Meryl Streep The film spans the period from 1914 to 1931 concerning the European settlers and the native people in the bush country of Kenya
26. Amadeus 24-Feb @ 9 PM A drama biopic film, Directed by Miloš Forman Starring F.Murray Abraham, Tom Hulce. Based on the lives of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Antonio Salieri, two composers who lived in Vienna, Austria, during the latter half of the 18th century.
27. Terms of Endearment 25-Feb @ 9 PM A romantic comedy-drama film, Directed by James L.Brooks Starring Shirley MacLaine, Debra Winger, Jack Nicholson
28. Gandhi 26-Feb @ 9 PM A biographical film based on the life of Mahatma Gandhi. Directed by Richard Attenborough Starring Ben Kingsley, Rohini Hattangadi, Roshan Sheth, Saeed Jaffrey, Candice Bergen
29. Chariots of Fire 27-Feb @ 9 PM A Sports Drama film , Directed by Hugh Hudson. Starring Ben Cross, Ian Charleson. The film is a story of two athletes in the 1924 Olympics; Eric Liddell, a devout Scottish Christian who runs for the glory of God, and Harold Abrahams, an English Jew who runs to overcome prejudice. Music scored by Vangelis The film received 4 Academy Awards
30. Ordinary People 28-Feb @ 9 PM A drama film, Directed by Robert Redford. Starring Donald Sutherland, Mary Tyler Moore
32. Babe: Pig in The City 2-Feb My Cousin Vinny 1-Feb Just like Heaven 3-Feb Two Weeks Notice 4-Feb 13 Going on 30 The Mask Madagascar Dumb and Dumber 5-Feb 6-Feb 7-Feb 8-Feb Movies @ 3 PM
33. Movies @ 3 PM Meet the Fockers 9-Feb Woman in Red 10-Feb Shrek 11-Feb Bruce Almighty 12-Feb 13-Feb Johnny English French Kiss 14-Feb Wedding Crashers 15-Feb Bridget Jones Diary 16-Feb 17-Feb Rush Hour 2 See no Evil, Hear no Evil 18-Feb
34. Movies @ 3 PM 19-Feb 20-Feb 21-Feb 22-Feb 23-Feb 24-Feb 25-Feb 26-Feb 27-Feb 28-Feb There's something about Mary Ace Ventura: Pet Detective Crocodile Dundee Hitch Herbie Fully Loaded Stuart Little Liar Liar Ice Age The Incredibles Anger Management