Mr. Montmayer will introduceEdmodo and share the “What We Do” video from edmodo.com.
Mr. Montmayer will share some community experiences from his classroom.
Mrs. Joyce will talk about the daily statistics that are available.
Mr. Allison and his students will share about using Khan Academy within his Edmodo community.
Ms. Rada will talk about SMART Response then have the Board take a quiz with SMART Response.
1. DUNLAP VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL MS. RADA, MR. MONTEMAYER, MR. ALLISON, MRS. JOYCE, AND LEON WANG (8TH GRADE STUDENT)Developing Technologically Capable Creators
2. STRATEGIC PLAN – GOAL #3Students at willdevelop appropriate as measured by annual studentparticipation data. Rationale for this Goal • From District Strategic Plan – Vision Statement – Goal 1: To continuously improve student growth and achievement • How technology – Appeals to students – Increases student motivation – Develops 21st Century skills – Presents cross curriculum opportunities
3. TURNING CLASSROOMS INTO COMMUNITIES Offers a real-time platform for classrooms to :  Connect  Collaborate  Exchange ideas  Share content, homework, grades, and school notices. Video from http://about.edmodo.com It’s free and in the cloud!
4. 7TH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES COMMUNITY  Engage with students  Share and store content  Connect with your peers  Track and measure success
6. EDMODO IN 8TH GRADEMATH CLASSESMr. John AllisonLeon Wang, 8th Grade Student
7. BENEFITS OF USING SMART RESPONSE Immediate feedback to teacher and students Increased student engagement Allows for anonymity that eases student anxiety Easy analysis of student understanding and progress Can be used for formative and summative assessments Instantly saves students’ results Easy and enjoyable to use