1. Is this what they are going to mean when theyask if we want a white IPhone or a black one? The Umbrella Perspective on Communication shows us that with technology, we have factors that limit, enable, motivate, and inhibit . Constantly moving forward with technology shows us that the phone may be one of the fastest growing technologies of our time. Constantly looking for new improvement. Our phones have already become small enough to fit in any back pocket; therefore, we may be looking at phones that you can see through..
2. Or phones that can be activated by small projectors in our sunglasses or our watches.. When I talk about uses and gratification theory, it tells us how people seek technology that will enhance their knowledge and create greater social interactions. Uses and gratification theory allows us to know that with the phone, we want better, faster, more efficient. We want to have easier social interactions. We want to stay in touch with those around us in the easiest way possible.. WHAT DO WE WANT?
3. The theory of relative constancy tells us that now that there are more options for us to watch television, audiences don’t necessarily need an actual television to watch one…Do we even need a television in 2022?
4. Our ceilings will be lined with projectors to where a voice activation will bring the television up in frontof us no matter where we are in the house. Television will be a thing of the past, digital projections areour future.
5. Japan has become one of our leading advancers in modern television, constantly coming up with new and improved ways to watch television. “Nippon Housou Kyoukai, better known as NHK, is much more than Japans public service broadcaster — its a national institution that seeks to push forward major advances in televisual technology worldwide (Byford, The Verge)”We adopt what we want into our own culture, since Japan is working on these new innovations, critical masstheory comes into play. Those who spark the new innovation (the innovators) create an increase in popularity forthose who want to adopt the innovation. Since Japan has started these innovations, we will become the earlyadopters. Moore’s Innovation Adoption Rate tells us the same. That consumers of a certain product increasewhen the product is at its peak. The peak is where the innovation is new and is demanded by the population.After the peak, there is a downward slop because a newer innovation is ready to be released.
6. “television on!”….. Are you ready to say this while sitting in the bathtub?
7. Media system dependency theory explains to us that the more we depend on media to meet our needs, the more vital thatmedia becomes to us and this directly affects our cognitive approaches to media. We rely on television enough for our newsbroadcastings and for entertainment, if we need it, then we must innovate it to meet our needs…..WECOME TO 2022 WELCOME TO 2022
8. FINALLY... Roger’s Diffusion of Innovations shows us what, when, and why people let technologies spread throughout culture which brought me to my next point…DO YOU WEAR A WATCH BY ANY CHANCE?
9. You will in 2022!!! Watches are something that for years has lingeredabout without any new and improved styles. A few tweaks here and there means nothing. A whole new watch can be here to stay….Right now, our lives are controlled through our cell phones but in 2022 that wontbe the case. Our meetings, heart rate, grocery list will all be able to be stored intoour watches.
10. “Currently, tests are being done on creating a commercially viable holographic storage system.This technology not only offers very high storage densities, it could access that data at very high rates, due to the fact that holographic methods read an entire page of data in one operation. (Future Technologies, 2012)“ It has become obvious that The Long Tail Theory is a prime factor of the watch innovation. We know this technology, although important, lacks diversity. It has one function only, to tell time. . . This is where our new innovation comes into play.
11. Social learning theory and cognitive theory deal with motivation, emotion, cognitions, and reinforcers. In 2022, technology will deal with all of these ideas. We will create technologies based on what we want to consume and desire. NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR 2022… THAT’S OUR NEXT EXIT ON THE HIGHWAY TO THE FUTURE!!!
12. • Katz, E., Blumler, J. G., & Gurevitch, M. (1974). Ulilization of mass communication by the individual. In J. G. Blumler, & E. Katz (Eds.), The uses of mass communications: Current perspectives on gratifications research (pp. 19–32). Beverly Hills: Sage.• Glancy, Katie (2012, February 13). The Theory of Relative Constancy. Web Blog Post. Retrieved 2012, July 16 from http://fancyglancy.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/thetheoryofrelativeconstancy/• Byford, Samuel (2012, May 29). The Future of TV as Seen In Super High Vision. The Verge. Retrieved 2012, August 4 from http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/29/3042847/super-hi-vision-tv-8k-nhk-future Boctor, P. (2011, June 30). Facebook’s Zuckerberg: TV, books, movies next in line for social disruption - GeekWire. GeekWire - Dispatches from the Digital Frontier. Retrieved 2012, June 25 from http://www.geekwire.com/2011/transcript-audio-zuckerberg-apps-facebook-massively-disrupt-media- industries/ Unknown Author (2011, October 30). Future Technologies and 6G Technologies. Web Blog Post. Retrieved 2012, August 1 from http://future-technologiesz.blogspot.com/2011_10_01_archive.html