1. University Of Agriculture Faisalabad Subject: Marketing Management Topic : Consumer Behavior at McDonald’s India Submitted to Sir Yawar Submitted by Jawaria and BushraMBA 3rd SemesterSection CRoll no. 11 & 12
2. CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR ATMcDonald’s INDIA
3. McDonaldPRODUCT CATEGORY FAST FOOD
4. Segmentation McDonald Segmantize its market on following basis:GeographicallyDemographicallyPsycho graphically &Behaviorally
5. Geographic Segmentation: Number of outlets opened in differentregions(132 Family Restaurants a.79 in North andEast and 59 in South and West)Demographic Segmentation: Age (18-25), Income (Strivers), Gender(Male/Female), Occupation(Students), Education(Undergraduate, Postgraduate)Psychographic Segmentation:Convenience and Life styleBehavioral Segmentation:Occasions e.g. Birthday parties
6. Targeting McDonald’s major target consumers are:TeenagersAdultsChildren
7. PositioningTo attract children McDonald’s has “Happy Meal "with toys and “Disney characters” are given. It also provides facilities like:“Play place”“McDonald’s mein hai kuch baat”
8. New Trends Facing by the Consumers:• It’s an undeniable fact that consumer’s facing new trends because many competitors are in the fast food industry offering food to them. Subway Penera Bread Dunkin Donuts
9. McDonald’s responses to New Trends Offers low price rates Offer discounts to its customers Introduce healthy alternatives McDonald’s upgraded its coffee a few years back. Introduce Big Mac and Mc Muffin for nutrition awareness.
10. McDonald’sMarketing Mix
11. The marketing mix is a term used todescribe the four main marketing tools(4Ps): Product Price Promotion & Placement
12. PRODUCT Product includes the certain aspect as features, design, brands and packaging. McDonald continuously innovate or change its product line according to taste of its customers It drops the ham, beef and mutton burgers from menu. It introduced vegetarian products for its customers
13. Price McDonald attract the middle and lower class consumers with a very catchy punch line “Aap ke zamane mein, baap ke zamane ke daam”. McDonalds introduced certain value pricing and bundling strategies such as “happy meal, combo meal, family meal” etc for consumers.
14. Place It is important so that the product is available to the customer at the right place, at the right time and in the right quantity. McDonalds offers hygienic environment, good ambience and great service. Also offers “Delivery services” to its customers
15. Promotion There are three main objectives of advertising for McDonald’s are: To make people aware of an item, Feel positive about it andRemember it.
16. SWOT AnalysisSTRENGTH WEAKNESS1.Strong Brand 1.Low depth and width of product2.Customer Intimacy3.Product InnovationOPPORTUNITY THREAT1. Expand into tier 2 and tier 3 cities. 1. Changing customer life style and2. Entry into breakfast category. taste. 2. Increased competition from local fast food outlets.
17. Forces that majorly influenced the Consumers buying behavior:CultureSocialPersonal and EconomicPSYCHOLOGICAL:
18. Culture Forces Culture majorly affect the consumers buying behavior in India, Because people don’t like the “beef and mutton” burgers and all those items that consisted beef that was famous outside. So in India, meat and vegetarian meals are prepared because of religious laws.
19. Social Forces In India most of the people easily influence the others buying behavior. To remove the social effects, McDonalds always keep on trying to give the best product and service to its customers. McDonald convince its customers by serving hygiene in plates.
20. Personal and Economic Forces• In McDonald’s most part of customer are the teenagers or young. It gives “VALUE FOR MONEY” Good at taste cheap on pocket. Various offers, & acts on feedback. It takes People like social gatherings at a beautiful place & economic according to their choice & taste.
21. PSYCHOLOGICAL Forces Mc Donald keeps on updating or teaching people through its attractive advertisements about its new products. McDonald’s famous marketing slogans which influenced on the minds of the consumers are: “You Deserve a break today, so get up and get away- To McDonald’s” “Food, Folks, and Fun” “I’m lovin’ it”
22. •The key factors in success of McDonald’saccording to my point of view are:InnovationCustomizationGood ManagementBest Marketing StrategiesGood values and Focus on CustomersUnderstands Social responsibilityFlexibility to handle the consumers
23. Key factors in McDonald’s success•According to my point of view:InnovationCustomizationGood ManagementBest Marketing StrategiesGood values and Focus on CustomersUnderstands Social responsibilityFlexibility to handle the consumers
24. McDonald’s in India has a bright future.It really is making the people “LOVE IT”.McDonald’s has a slogan: “Think globally and act locally”