1. What’s your story?: Stress
and life’s Roller Coaster ride
2. Life is a Roller Coaster Ride:
Fasten your seatbelts
3. What goes down, also goes up
4. You’re not alone: Faith,
He is with you wherever you are (Quran 57:4)
5. Hang a nicer image, tell a
nicer story, show a better
video of the event to
6. Feedback is a gift, complaining is
not: The difference is the negative energy between them.
7. Get a high: Exercise
8. Try to keep a balance:
Money is just one spoke in the wheel.
9. Some adages just don’t apply
• Happily Ever After
• Life is fair
• Just follow your passion
• Grown men don’t cry
• Words don’t hurt
10. Switch off the news and
statistics: Turn them on their
• 50% marriages end in divorce:. That’s an old number. Reality is unless you’re higher risk, get
married very young, <~20, didn’t graduate from high school, low-income, have divorce in family,
nag, not committed, inter-cultural or faith marriage, it doesn’t apply
• 10% of people are unemployed: Turn it around 90% are employed and there are so many jobs
and opportunities, there is one just waiting for you to find.
11. Take a 5 min break on the
hour, every hour Our lives were not meant to be static,
repeating the same workday and doing the same work over and over.
12. Have big dreams and wear
larger than life glasses: That way you see
things as they are and better than they are.
13. Look for inspiration; The Guest House by Rumi
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond. 13Javed Mohammed
14. Reframe: Not why me? But I am a creative problem solver!
15. Your life is a novel, just
share short stories a minute
at a time.
16. What’s your story?
Javed Mohammed 16
• All Images are copyright of respective holders
• The Bounce Back Book by Karen Salmansohn
• Riding the Roller Coaster by Javed Mohammed
• What Color is your Parachute By Richard Bolles
A K2 Vista Production