Your job depends on you making design decisions every day. I'm not talking about the kind of design that uses color theory, typography, or spacer gifs (joking).
Here are the kinds of things that have made me a better designer. I think they'll help you, too:
• Pencils before pixels will save you tons of time.
• Understanding how to start design projects where the end result isn't quite defined yet.
• How to nurture (or destroy) relationships with your clients and colleagues.
• How to think in extremes to help you know where the boundaries are.
• Sketching is an activity, not a just deliverable.
• Asking the right questions tease out the most important details.
• How do you know when you're asking the wrong questions?
• And lots more...