2. Week ofNov 5th, 2011• 5 people i knew - my age - had heart attacks and 2 died.• Heart disease, cancer and diabetes are at their all time highest levels (USA)• I had a second child on the way and family that depended on me. • My BMI was 40• My weight was 315lbs.• My visceral fat was 18+• My blood pressure was 146/106!
3. Back to Basics• I was raised practically inside a health food store, how did I get here?• I have gone along with the cultural standards of diet, fat bad, whole grains = good, if you exercise enough all your troubles melt away, right?• How do I get back to my original weight? ( no not 6.8 lbs)
4. Somethings gottagive• I spend countless hours researching other things on the Internet, I dont take just anyones word until I ﬁnd out for myself...yet my health was something to care little about?• I decided to put time into what really matters, what are our bodies designed to eat when we were ﬁrst designed and created?
5. Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb "When diet is wrong medicine is of no use.When diet is correct medicine is of no need."
6. Enter Paleo• Our bodies were not designed for todays industrialized foods• Todays foods are not centered around health, but specially engineered/processed to look, smell, and taste in such a manner that we can not resist them.• In Lab test, mice when given the choice of cocaine or sugar, they choose sugar!
7. 2 months later(no exercise, yet)• 288 lbs (8% reduction in body fat, 2% increase in muscle) 27 lbs of fat loss!• 35.4 BMI (down from 40+)• 6% visceral fat reduction• My hair is regrowing• I feel more energetic• With 3xs a day raw garlic, my blood pressure is 124/84 (vs. 146/106)
8. Thoughts...• You really are what you eat• You really can do anything if you want to• Exercise without diet change is like painting over rust• No one will cater to you eating a healthy lifestyle when eating right does not involve selling "special food" or when it involves real lifestyle changes that are not as easy as a daily vitamin or prescription
9. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN DO IT!For more information about how to go back to eating like you were designed to: Paleoaustindallashouston.com ThePaleoDiet.com