Course: Mastery: Personal Development and Leadership
Course Goal: To fully explore the concept of Mastery while applying it to my
personal growth and development towards leadership.
1) Read and take notes on Robert Greene’s book entitled Mastery.
2) Research the journey of other masters using
3) Use terms learned throughout my readings and place them in
my everyday vocabulary.
Course: Executive Leadership
Course Goal: Learn the tactics it takes to become an efficient executive leader in today’s
Research the path of five executive leaders in today’s industry and pick up on
their strategies for success.
Reach out to my career advisor and locate a mentor in the field that can teach
me the ropes on how to become a professional businesswoman and leader.
Inquire about Full Sail’s Entertainment Networking Society with hopes of
Course: Project and Team Management
Course Goal: Learn how to effectively and efficiently manage any team or project.
Research the project and team management skills of the late Steve Jobs
and how his company became so successful.
2) Act out certain scenarios of what could happen among my team and my
response to it.
3) Learn and retain techniques to be more of a competent and dynamic
Course: Business Storytelling and Brand Development
Course Goal: Acquire the knowledge necessary to create a brand that sticks in a consumers
mind, through development and publishing.
Research the book entitled The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding by Al and
Laura Ries on www.ebscohost.com.
2) Analyze the top brands of today’s industry and how they became
3) Start brainstorming on how to make my personal brand more tangible
and a pillar in its industry.
Course: Entertainment Business Finance
Course Goal: Learn how to monetarily manage and fund a project or company, including
projections, planning, and management of finances.
Research www.Forbes.com for market trends and cost projections on
2) Learn how to manage my personal funds, to include balancing a
checkbook and budgeting.
3) Contact a finance expert via www.linkedin.com to discuss the necessary
skills needed to find a successful project or company.
Course: Negotiation and Deal-Making
Course Goal: Learn the art of making the best deal to grow , enhance, and
establish my company.
1) Research the book entitled Negotiate like the Pros by Kenneth L.
Shropshire on www.lexisnexis.com.
2) Follow the ABC network show, Shark Tank to absorb the
negotiation and deal making tactics utilized.
3) Practice negotiations in my personal life.
Course: Product and Artist Management
Course Goal: Understand how to properly manage artists and products. Learn
techniques and strategies to help resolve artists and management issues.
1) Research and contact some artist managers from
2) Study the habits of human resource personnel and conflict
3) Shadow some of today’s top sports and talent agents.
Course: Advanced Entertainment Law
Course Goal: Learn entertainment law, contracts, and property protection. Understand the
legal inner-workings of the entertainment industry.
Research the book entitled Copyright Law by Richard W. Stim on
2) Contact an entertainment lawyer via www.linkedin.com , and inquire
about the laws and loopholes of the entertainment industry.
3) Learn legal and litigation terminology.
Course: Entertainment Media Publishing and Distribution
Course Goal: Learn and understand the new, along with the old, industry publishing and
Research entertainment media publishing and distributing policies on
2) Familiarize myself with the past and present distribution and
3) Learn how to address the issues within the entertainment industry.
Course: Digital Marketing
Course Goal: Learn efficient and effective marketing strategies, plans, and
1) Join the American Marketing Association
2) Contact a Disney marketing director via www.linkedin.com ,
and learn the marketing strategies needed to be effective.
3) Research finance and business information to learn proper
business plan structure, technique, and requirements.
Course: Business Plan Development
Course Goal: Learn to create my personal business plan utilizing the information acquired
throughout my course of study.
Research the book entitled Successful Business Plan by Rhonda Abrams on
2) Practice establishing a business plan for my professional portfolio.
3) Research successful business plans, while combining them with the
things that makes them stand out from the crowd.
Course: Final Project: Business Plan
Course Goal: Design an effective business plan that can be submitted to a company for
desirable job placement.
Research Disney and how I can make my personal business plan appeal
to their company.
Contact my career advisor for further instruction on how to make my
business plan align with the company of my choice.
Submit draft business plans to peers, mentors, and professors for
Clubs to join at Full Sail University:
1) Grammy U
2) Student Branding Society
3) Entertainment Networking Society
4) Social Media Club
Organizations to join for “Real World” experience:
1) American Marketing Association
2) Disney Linkedin Group
3) Entertainment Resource & Marketing Association
4) Disney Worldwide Outreach
Laura Annette Gibbs; Walt Disney World PR, (407)566-5337, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alayna Riggins; Walt Disney World, (252)266-7059, www.linkedin.com/pub/alaynariggins/1/558/545
Melanie Tom; HR at Warner Bros. Entertainment Group,
Hillary Hattenbach; Walt Disney Company VP of Digital Marketing,
T.J. Marchetti; Walt Disney Studios Senior Vice President Digital Marketing,
Andrew Runyon; VP of International Interactive Marketing at Paramount Pictures,
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.