Google Glass is a research and development program by
Google to develop an augmented reality HMD
The intended purpose of Google Glass would be the
hands free displaying of information
Goal is to reduce time b/w intention & action
Powered by Android OS
About Google X Lab
Secret facility run by google, located in California
100 project is under consideration that includes,
self driving car
Augmented reality glasses
Internet service via baloon in stratosphere
The project was announced on google+ - Babak Parviz
Technical Manager on the project - Thad Starner
Google X lab functional control - Sergy Brin
Combined features of augmented reality & virtual
Use 4G technology
Communicate with mobile phones through Wi-Fi
Display content on video screen as well as respond to
voice command of the user.
What can google glass do?
Photography And Video
Send Message And Google Search
Google Translate and Google Maps
Displays for AR is not a new idea
Got media attention because of its prototyping
In future, new design is possible
• Wearable Computing
• Worn by the bearer under , with or on top of clothing
• Developed for general or special purpose information
technologies and media development
• Ambient Intelligence
• Electronic environments that are sensitive and responsive
to the presence of people.
• Devices work in concert to support people in carrying out
their everyday life activities.
• Smart Clothing
• It is a combination of new fabric technology and digital
• The clothing is made with new signal-transfer fabric
technology installed with digital devices.
• EyeTap Technology
• EyeTap is a device that is worn in front of the eye that acts
as a camera to record the scene available to the eye as well
as a display.
• 4G Technology
• 4G is the fourth generation of cell phone mobile
• 4G Technology is basically the extension in
the 3G technology with more bandwidth and
services offers in the 3G.
• This system provides higher data rates of 300
Mbps in mobility to 1 Gbps while stationary.
• Android is a Linux-based operating system for
mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet
computers, developed by Google in conjunction
with the Open handset Alliance.
• Augmented Reality
• Augmented reality is a live, direct or indirect, view of a
physical, real-world environment.
• Real-world elements are augmented by generated
sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS
Features of Google Glass
– Don’t let you miss anything that is to be done
– Make and Receive Video/Voice Calls right from your GG
High Definition Video Camera
– Save your life moments within no time
Directions and Location
– Enjoy the freedom with Google Locations and Directions
– Built in music player and a video player
– Communicate with GG using Voice Commands
About Glass Softwares….
Google Glass applications (Glassware)
o free applications built by third-party developers
o Google Now, Google Maps, Google+, andGmail.
o On April 15, 2013, Google released the Mirror API
o On May 16, 2013, seven new apps,
from Evernote, Elle, CNN.
o Google offers a companion Android app called MyGlass
o controlled by touchpad, voice actions
o To activate Glass, wearers tilt their heads 30° upward or tap
the touchpad and say "O.K., Glass.“
o "Take a picture", "Record a video", "Hangout with john“
o GlassBattle by BrickSimple
o Escape developed by Advanced Mobile Applications
• Easy to wear and use.
• Sensitive and responsive to the presence of people.
• Fast access of maps, documents, videos, chats and much more.
• A new trend for fashion lovers together being an innovative
• A spectacle based computer to reside directly on your eyes rather
than in your pouch or pocket.
• A useful technology for all kinds of handicapped/disabled
Advandages Of Google Glass
• Can be easily broken or damaged. Users will have a tough
time taking care of it.
• It may lead to accidents while driving.
• Privacy of people may breach with new glasses.
Disadvandages Of Google Glass
• Google glasses are basically wearable computers that use the
evolving familiar technologies that brings the sophistication
and ease of communication and information .
• Hands free technology by Google.
• Assistance to disabled individuals.
• Google Glass is fashionable and frame colors are available in
gray, orange, black, white and light blue.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.